Jessica

Blonde, redhead or brunette?

Completely frivolous non-skydiving question:
I recently had a nasty accident with a home-highlighting kit (decided to do it myself after realizing that having my hair professionally done costs 5+ jump tix), and I'm gonna have to change the color of the whole mane.
I've never colored my hair before (besides the highlights) and I'm excited. So, thoughts? I'm a natural brunette so that's the only color I wouldn't have to have touchups for.
:)

Cant make a determination without a picture. The color has to fit "you" I think blonde would be a real pain to maintain unless you dont mind looking like a "Jerry Springer" guest....LMAO
"I want to fly like a silly angel, Lean for the sky, straight into the sun"-Fuel
Clay

Oh! Now you're in my specialty! I love coloring!
Well, I have to agree with Clay..would need to see a pic to really choose. Also depends on your job how wild you can be. I have considered getting that bright red color they have out now myself. I've been pretty much every color of the rainbow at some point in time...I get bored :) My next color is pink...wonder what that means? Something between a redhead and blonde I guess...men prefer having affairs with pink-heads? :) It's just temp tho..highlighting my blonde with it.
As a word of warning, yes, blonde is a pain in the ass sometimes, but I don't mind the $7-$9 bucks once-a-month or so and 20 mins out of my time. It's not too bad when you do it yourself. If you go darker and decide to go back, it's MUCH harder! Also, go one or two steps lighter then the dark color you want cuz it always ends up darker then you anticipate. I once died my dark-brown, it was WAY dark-brown, then I tried to get it back blonde, it turned orange and I had to do it AGAIN! Can you say...fried?! LOL!
Merrick's SCR Ceremony

Go for grey...it looks really good, or maybe silver.
I've had my hair in both colours, really like both of 'em. Also tried red, blonde, brown but none of them made me feel so good as the grey or silver!
But it is a pain to do...have to bleach down to white first, then go for grey...
chris
How would you like too stick with me
How much do you love to freefall

Well, I have to agree with Clay..would need to see a pic to really choose.

Well, there's a link to a photo album under my profile.
I've got fair skin, so blonde hair wouldn't look weird or anything. And green eyes, so red would probably be okay, too. And I already know what I look like with brown hair. B|
I'm thinking either TOTALLY BOTTLE BLONDE or maybe a darkish auburn.
I probably want to stay within the realm of natural colors, though if I get totally blonde I might be tempted on the weekends to try a little temp color...:)

I hadnt gone there yet....but it does sound like an interesting place. Funny you should say that. A radio station here in Atlanta has a contest called "The Whiffle Bat Challenge" where Female contestants win prizes for ....well.....you can probably guess....LMAO
"I want to fly like a silly angel, Lean for the sky, straight into the sun"-Fuel
Clay

I'm leaning toward red or black on you or maybe something to match your rig. Talk to Teresa she will be on later she is an old pro @ this, her logbook has a spot to indicate her hair color per jump.
Kevin
The AAD took natural selection out of our sport and the hook turn put it right back

Redheads are awsome they should rule the world ;) Natual red hair is the rarest hair color and when combined with saffire blue eyes can make the target melt ofcourse i am somewhat bias on the subject. (i have red hair and blue eyes :)Remember when Sex was safe and skydiving was Dangerous?

I'm leaning toward red or black on you or maybe something to match your rig.

Er...that'd be pink, turquoise and purple. I dunno. Maybe I could streak it for boogies or something. ;)
So the votes are overwhelmingly leaning toward red! Interesting...I am Irish, ya know. :)

Hey Jess --
For what it's worth, I think a soft red/auburn color would look great on you. Don't go pink, please ! A really attractive girl at work did that, and now she looks like "Frenchie" from the movie GREASE !
"A blonde lets you go when you're satisfied -- a redhead doesn't let you go until SHE'S satisfied !"
The PLF Admiral
M-0002.....and junior member of the Whuffo Conversion Team

Well, I am a redhead...that explains why no one wants to marry me but everyone wants to...uh, yeah never mind. ROFLMAO!!
I was going to dye my hair black with blue streaks for Quincy (PROFESSIONALLY - and I've worn black before so I know it looks good) but according to everyone here, red is the color of the day!! Jessica you know me, should I leave my hair color the way it is or change it?
I like the idea of writing in your logbook what color your hair is on a jump. I did hot pink once for a boogie and did all braids for the Freaks boogie at Dallas. hmmmmm....
this is a cool thread.
Sis
PS - a word of advice: RED is very difficult to maintain as well. It isn't as bad as blonde though. Anyway, red fades very easily and you have to keep it up, i.e., new color all over every 4-6 weeks, more often in summertime. The sun fades red a lot. Use lots of conditioner! There is a lot of peroxide in red because it actually does lighten the hair first before dyeing it red. ;) Good luck!

I'm not crazy because I take the right pills everyday.
Edited by freaksister on 8/2/01 01:38 PM.

Shave it off!No haircuts no washing it no color changes.Think how many more jumps you can make every year with the savings.
I dont think bald chics rule????
But, think of how much faster you can pack, as no one would get near you or talk to you.....LMAO
Clay
Edited by ClayFowler on 8/2/01 02:05 PM.