Merrick

Merrick Update?.... The Saga Continues....

Merrick, we always hate to see when fellow jumpers get hurt, here's to a speedy recovery! *cheers*
Just think, now you can come to the Lost Prairie boogie next year and take part in the "Heavy Metal" jump. This includes all of our fellow skydivers that have new metal additions! ;)
As for Pammi, I'm glad you didn't have to witness the accident. My dz is famous for thermals and down drafts and I was unlucky enough to witness my sweety carving it in on his 97 Stilleto and catch a down draft. Needless-to-say, he didn't pull out of it and bounced, did a 360, skipped again and finally landed. Those few seconds before he moved were the longest seconds of my life!!! He was lucky that he threw his legs to the side so he managed to walk away, but with a fractured vertebrae and a ton of bruises. It's hard to see anyone in an accident, but even worse when it is the one you love!!! :)Tee

ah so there's another thing i can add to my list of "Good reasons to stay single"
i make this list up to keep myself from going crazy of lonliness...i LIE and tell myself its better to be single for this reason or that reason...there's another one! don't have to see your sweetie crank it in...
sis
Before you judge me, take a look at you...

Oh wow Tee! That would definately be horrible to see! I thought of that...that I was very glad that he'd already been put in the ambulance and just started on morphine when I got to them and joined 'em. I would NOT have wanted to see that at all!
I have to say...skydiving is the best sport in the world. I've never met more caring and helpful people then skydivers. Everyone was so incredible, especially considering we didn't even know anyone really! It was amazing and touching.
Merrick's SCR Ceremony

Oh wow Tee! That would definately be horrible to see!

On a lighter note, now he can proudly wear his t-shirt that reads..."No shit, there I was, enjoying my skydive when someone tried to shove a planet up my ass!" :D
Tee

I am TDY in Key West again until Thursday evening, but I just wanted to logon real quick and tell you guys that I am sorry I didn't get to party and jump with yall. I DID get to see Sis for about one minute as she was going back to the hospital to pick Pam up, but that was it. Yall were supposed to come back by the RV and have a beer, but oh well, next time.
I did meet a couple of others from the forums, though. I jumped with Lewmonst on a Muff Brothers raft dive where we both got our cards. I was surprised to find out that she was a girl as I had never read anything stating so. Her original pic made her look like a long-haired metal-head pretty-boy. I saw her rig and the "Lewmonst" on the yoke and figured it out. When I spoke to her she saw the "skymonkey one" on my mudflap and we laughed out loud. Odd as the realization was for me riding up in the plane with her, she turned out to be a very cool chick. I tried to talk her into competing in the intermediate event of the swoop competition, but she didn't bite. There were three girls that jumped after the Pro event, but I had already left and missed them. I will write a FULL report on my Quincy experience when I get back home. It will be titiled "Quincy: Hell Ride 2001".
Anyway, Merrick, I am sorry I missed you and Pam. I told all the Alabama Gang to relay where I might be if you came around. Next time we are definitely going to have to set some firm link-up plans.
Chuck

Actually, we went by the camper and knocked a couple of times. Also asked around for ya, just never could find you! DAMN! I ran into one of your friends Saturday night while having a beer after I got back from the hospital about 10:00 or 10:30, but he wasn't sure where you were either.
*sigh* Was cool though. Met a few DZ.com'ers myself. It's so neat to be able to see a few people that you have talked to on here for quite some time! (Except you guys know a bit more about me then my own parent's do! Well, perhaps that's not so unusual..lol).
Chuck...Merrick was gonna get in touch with you in a week or so cuz he's flying up there Thursday, the 23rd, interviewing in Raleigh the 24th in the morning and then is free til he flies back Saturday night! I told him to go check out Raeford while he was there...perhaps he still can...though he can't jump as planned now! We may hook up with ya sooner then you think ;) :)
P
Merrick's SCR Ceremony

Hey Chucker-man! I left your pad and went to go get pamela and on returning to tent city, we DID stop by your place. there wasn't anyone there, though! so pammi and i went to the entertainment tent and saw Scott (that is who she is referring to in her post) and he was pure TOAST! LOL
I met Jim Slaton that night, which was cool because he is from the same place I live! Amarillo, cow pattie Texas! Just goes to show you can become bad-ass no matter where you are from!
Anyhow, Chuckster, it was at least good to see you for a minute and say hi to your wifey-poo. Next year, YES - Firm plans for hooking up!! Next year, actually, I am taking my mother (oh god, I know!! but she's pretty cool!) and we are doing the RV thing. Talk about RV five-star Hyatt action! The woman does NOT camp well...so we'll be gettin' the best camper on the lot and we'll park right next to all the dz.com buddies! Mum's cool with all that. She got the money honey.
Love ya'll
Sis
Before you judge me, take a look at you...

he can proudly wear his t-shirt that reads...

My favorite T-shirt and sweat-shirt purchases were the ones that had the funny little guy saying " yes I am a skydiver, do you want to touch me?" Jumper sportswear had them.
Concerning Scott: yep, I am sure he was blistered. Several days prior to that he was up on the roof of the bar trailer dancing with the blow-up Santa and Aligator. He took a step out onto the top of the flip-up "roof" over the liquor trying to fetch a glow-ball and came crashing down onto the bartender. You see, it's only two gas cylinders that hold it up and Scott weighs about 240. It was the funniest thing I have seen in quite some time. The bartender threatened to call the law, but Scott told him "whatever, man" and gave him a mean look. Nothing came of it.
Tell Merrick that I will be on the road to The Ranch on the 23rd for the pond swoop nationals. I will probably be staying in NY most of the following week, then going over to Newton, NJ for their pond swoop money meet the next weekend. Bottom line is that I will probably miss seeing Merrick, but he should definitely check out both CSS in Louisburg and Raeford.
Chuck