ramon

Ugliest Canopy Awards?

drag your entire body across the ground to scrub off the speed.

Sounds like a downwind landing to me. Anyone whose done it...is that pretty much what happens?? You stop once the friction of your body on ground equals and surpasses that of the force of pull of the canopy?? OUCH!!!
--------------
Drop on in...leave a message

"You stop once the friction of your body on ground equals and surpasses that of the force of pull of the canopy?? OUCH!!!"
Well....Most of the time you just hit like a bag of shit coming almost straight down. If there is no wind I would always try to induce at least a little sideways motion. It makes a PLF much easier. It sucks to come straight down and have your knees smack you in the chin. Now...if there is a lot of wind hold on to your ass. I'm pretty heavy (190lbs without gear often weighed 350 and more on equipment jumps) so I didnt have much trouble being drug. Capewells can be pretty hard to release with weight on them so I have seen people get drug pretty far...LOL
"Don't give a F$#ck if I'm comin or leavin"-Pappa Roach
Clay

Ramon are you going to out tomorrow? I'd like to meet you.. I'm usually sitting at the table closest to the vending machines. Come say "wasupstudentboy!" Everyone calls me Slap or my name Shawn :P oh and BTW I do have a job but I sit here and post all day long and get paid for it... just so you don't ask me too
Blue Skies!http://www.geocities.com/scollins77057/index.html

Aww, shucks! I knew being ugly had to count for something. :)Don't worry about the jump ticket, I'll pay my own way on the freefly coach jump. Just buy me a beer when we're done, if we're still alive.
I'll be in Houston at the end of Sept or the beginning of Oct to say hi to Brittany and make a couple of jumps with her and to meet this crazy Zennie guy in person. So I'll say howdy to you then.
That will give me time to get cash, my new gear should be in and I should be comfortable with my new canopy by then...
Kris
"I love science... now ask me if I'm any good at it" Rudy - Space Camp
"I love freeflying... now ask me if I'm any good at it" Kriszilla - total air whore

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone else may think that a canopy is really ugly, but if it's over my head saving my life, it's beautiful.

This isn't necessarily the ugliest canopy, but the overall package is really bad. A red with black tie-die Tony Suit, a Javelin that is light blue, navy blue and fuscia, and a kelly green Sabre. Sounds and looks revolting, and I've had a few comments about it. But when it opens sweetly, it is the MOST beautiful grouping out there. And it's MINE! No more rentals, no more wondering who the hell packed it, or who abused it, it's all mine!
"Son, you've got a panty on yer head!"
Billy

This weeknd amidst the best swoops of my life, this is what I heard. :(
"Nice swoop, where did you get that ugly canopy?"
"dude that is an ugly canopy"
"Did you buy that?"
"send it back"
"you got ripped off"
"I missed your landing, does that canopy look better inflated?"
oh well it flies well B|
ramon

Dude, that's an ugly canopy!
What are your colors? How ugly is it?
I realize that it is beautiful, no matter what it looks like, but spell it out. c'mon, mine is not good, but it saves my life. Kelley green is the most beautiful color to me, what's yours/
Love,
Billy
"Light a candle for the sinners---Set the world on fire!"
Marilyn Manson

> Who else has an ugly(er) canopy.
It's not a canopy, but ehm Bret Townley definately has the ugliest jumpsuit
I have ever seen. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a picture at the
PerrisCam site, but I'm sure the Perris regulars know what I'm talking
about. It's Brown with some orange/yellow/gray accents if I remember
correctly and it's absolutely hideous.
Blue skies,
Alphons