Slappie

Spaceland & The "Gathering"

Well everyone, from the posts and emails and chats I'm getting really excited! It looks like it could be a BIG TIME for all who arrive!! The Offical meeting place is Nov. 10th & 11th @ Skydive Spaceland The direct number is 281-369-3337 the staff is aware of us going to invade the DZ!! You can find directions to the DZ on their site. I will be at the Dropzone early looking for faces I don't reconize, please try to find me :)Saturday we will be attempting the Dropzone.com Record jump!!! As it stand I think the Record is a 5-way done in Deland {Congrats to them and sorry we're going to blow it out of the water :)Saturday night we will have SCR's ceremonies for all those who acheive this goal!! Me I'm excluded because I'm the organiser :P that is if I even attempt it. Also there will be plenty of BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! & Soda for those of you who don't partake in the practice of consuming adult beverages {bah hum bug}...
You can reach me directly for info or whatever at my email on my website of PM me for my number, I'll be giving out my cell # to those who want it for last minute stuff :)I would like to thank Zennie for all his support in this process. He has been a wealth of info and ideas. He is the offical "Documentation" Person for purposes of a story after this coming weekend is over! Thanks to Aggiedave for his story idea. And I huge thanks to all you that are planning on coming to this impromtu "Gathering" Of Like Minded People who Love to Fling themselves from Airplanes!!!!!! Hopefully this works out and we can schedule one with more advance notice so more of the Dropzone.com people/users/freaks can attend. I'm sure there are some out there I'd love to meet and do some jumps with :)"Drive fast, take chances, pass on the right and talk back to cops!!" :D
Ooops The Dates are now Correct!! :D
My New Website with 24hr Chat

Guy, I'm wishing everyone luck at the "Gathering", but I'm thinking you might want to hold off on trying to get a 20 way going. A lot of people that are on here are under 100 jumps and have never been on any thing near that size. Seperation takes on a whole new meaning at that point. Plus, AirAnn or Ramon are the only ones that could probally organize something that big. See if you guys can get something like a solid 8 way or even a 10 way speed star. Remember in order for it to be a record, the grips must hold for at least 3 seconds.
A rainy day at the DZ is better then a Sunny day at work

I definitely can't organize anything bigger than a 4 way RW jump hahahaha :D.
I will organize any number of freefly/sit jumps with the following restriction restrictions.
for any jump bigger than 3 way the majority of participants need to have extremely solid sit so that everyone can campfire around the least experienced person. That way we can be safe :)I will take any headdowners on 2-6 ways with the same restriction.
piece?
ramon

Well, thanks Freeon, but I am not especially sure my organizing would be any good. At least on this particular deal.
Fun - - Hell Yes
Safe- Hell Yes
Points- Hell No
We all live - - Hell Yes
We hold anything for longer that a door count - Hell NO
Most of my organization stuff are campfires. No zooming. And safety first. Record later. I am a freeflyer. Pretty serious about my stuff so I dont do much over a 4 way unless I know the freeflyers really well.
Sometimes, a 5 or 6 way depends on who is base. Who is working out the details. What are the details, where is break off. What is total skill level. Who is lowest skill level. Where they are going to be, Are there any low pullers, high pullers unknown pullers, unknown anything, unstable people, who they are,. What the exit is in combination with exit weight ratio. Who is going to float/sink, can they adjust with the skill level they currently have. Who is the Watch Out For Person. So they stick to dive plan, historically. ..............
IN COMBO WITH.... Ann ... How are YOU today, feeling peachy? Did we have our wheaties? Do we feel good about this particular dive plan? Is the Yin and Yang ratio correct within ones self, Grasshopper? Is everything as it should be? Did you turn off the Iron? Did you take your medication? Is anything bothering you? Are you ready to skydive today? On a scale of one to 57.3 are you in the nervous catagory or calm and about to fall asleep? Hummm?
If I get a no, a maybe, a I dunno, or questionable ........ I am off the load. I dont care if the entire load is a fleafly circus with 2 bizzion jumps and #1 in the universe, I get a maybe on my Personals, I am off the load. Up to and including riding the plane back down. Or I go solo.
There isnt enuff room for my personal check list on my jump group brothers/sisters, that I also go over on a dive plan,
that may or may not include but not limited to...
background checks, outstanding leins on property, personality profile, recent drug history, blood alcohol content, questionaire, have you ever committed a felony?, sign this stack of waivers, how many kids/divorces, are you currently married?, stock portfolio examination, debt to income ratio, .......
OOPS, wrong chek list.
I have standards and protocols - Ask anybody who has ever jumped with me they will tell you.
My personal thing on a big way, is this...
Can I handle what I am delivered?
Can I avoid a problem
Can I forsee the problem
Can I work that problem, if need be all the way down.
Do I have the sharpness today to do what is called for in any given circumstance.
Will I be THE problem.
So, in conclusion, I am not that particular. Not serious - cause you know - in the end it doesnt really matter, does it?
Skydive~Friends~Happiness
AirAnn
http://www.AirAnn.com

Ahhh, come on give us some credit here, I've got 70 jumps but I've been on as big 16 ways. :)It would be fun to attempt something big, will it actually happen, who knows, will it be fun? Yes. Some of the most fun I've had are on jumps that went to hell RW wise. :D
I have a funny story about a 12 way attempt that went to hell because no one could catch the base (I couldn't even catch the base and I fall fast REAL FAST), that and another jumper and I ran into each other leaving the tail ramp, it wasn't serious but it was really really funny afterwards.
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

You have 70 jumps and more experience than I with RW.
So you GO Boyeeeee!!!!
I have a bunch of funny stories........
They involve every single time I post a damn thing in here I get riduiculed.
How the f can you lighten up on an already light hearted personal preference post with slight humor.
Chance number 2 blown for drop zone dot com. Thanks Dave.
AirAnn

What i see here is a failure to communicate. And thqat suks.
Thinking I cant read or write.
Maybe I should just sit down. Meet me in person and we go from there. I am sure it will be fine at that point.
Its a big picture thing I guess and nobody has it.
It is crazy to try and figure stuff out, without figuring in a persons affect.
As for you, Mr Chuck Blue, check your email! :)Yikes, everyone lighten up on the lighten up.
Or I am serious.......... I may write something mean. :(
And THEN that would be the end of the world as we know it.
AirAnn

Chance number 2 blown for drop zone dot com. Thanks Dave

You can make all the Aggie jokes you want, but I seriously don't understand what you're saying, I'm sorry.
If you think that my previous post was trying to be malicous, it wasn't. I was just commenting that if someone like myself can go on a semi-big way without seriously screwing something up, then anyone can. People who know me understand that sometimes I can make AFF2 students look like Skydive U. Coaches the way I fly. ;)
I don't want to create any strange vibes or anything like that for this weekend, I'm so pumped about finally meeting yall and getting to jump with everyone and I would hate to ruin it because of a misunderstanding in one of my posts. If someone has a problem with me, please Friday night come grab me, we'll get a couple beers and talk it out. Or if you want, drop me an email at [email protected] or even give me a call at 979-847-1194 (dorm room) and we'll talk. Basically I would really hate to be the one who throws a wrench in the works for the weekend. :)AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

Right on Dave. I think that if you bought yourself a Bon Jovi wig you would be less threatening to the ladies. :D I wish I could be there with yall to party and skydive, but I have spent all my vacation lunch money for a while. Still, I expect nothing short of a full-blown fiesta from all of you monkeys.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

If we have a litle swoop contest in the future (350' ditch)

I didn't realize those suckers were that deep.

Homer: To find Flanders, I have to think like Flanders.
Homer's brain: I'm a big four-eyed lame-o! And I wear the same stupid sweater every day and...
Homer: The Springfield river!
flyhiB|

do what I had one of my teammates that FF's try with me. launch a 2 way with both gripping the harness above the handles. do what they tell you to do with your legs if it doesnt stay vertical (been a while so I forgot) and you'll have a blast.
I had fun, but head down isnt for me... goes by too fast, and just isnt as fun for me. oh well *shrug*.
Wish I could afford to make it, but the past 4 months havent been good to my business. :( Hell, even if I could grab my vidiot gear and get all the jumps paid for, dont think I could swing the rest of the expenses (travel, food, etc). Have fun without me!!

Supah swoopie? You guys are killing me right now ROFLAO.
DAve, you wont believe this one... my brother was in the corp and I have a very close friend who is A Blonde, Aggie, Lawyer!
Anyway, I can't think of any Aggie jokes. I think I told you beofre once, maybe... that Dr Baker is the one on the sidelines with his hands behind his back all the time. Anyway I get the VIP seats on the west side under the ledge with the ceiling fans at the stadium. But I STILL cant think of any Aggie jokes.
I know a freeflyer one.... its old tho...
How many Freeflyers to screw in a light bulb - - -
8, ......................7 to film it. ... LOL?
AirAnn

Well I won't be able to make it down...but I agree that if you are going to be pulled headdown you should be able to sit fly first.
All of you guys have fun! I will be moving, and if I am at the dz I will probably be doing ground crew for the pond swooping. I've been giving up jumps to do that...but its GREAT FUN!!
Anybody know Tim Bernard from Pepperel, or The Ranch?
Sis
I feel so alive,for the very first time-and I think I can fly! - P.O.D.