mountainman

Florida/Georgia trip planned!!!

Well....we have finally talked about and figured out where we are going for our Spring Break getaway/skydiving trip. The dates are up in the air, but hopefully I'll get a little over 2 weeks off so we can make a real trip out of it. If I get the 2 weeks off, we will leave Ohio on Friday night, February 15 and getting back on March 3 to Ohio. Should be a blast! Here goes:
We'll leave Ohio and drive down to Pensacola, FL and stay with her brother/sister in law and skydive some at Emerald Coast skydiving which is only like 30 miles away.
After spending a few days there, we are going to make our way down to Ft Myers and cruise the Gulf with her grandpa and grandma for awhile. While there, we are going to try to hit Skydive Naples one day.
After a few days, we are going to head over to Skydive America in Pehokee for a few days and try to jump like crazy. Then we're going to head up to Skydive Sebastian for a couple days and jump. After that, we're going to head up to Deland for a couple days as well.
When we have only a few days left, I want to head up north a bit and jump a day or two at Skydive Atlanta. After that, we'll head back up to cold as hell Ohio.
If anyone knows of some good, cheap places to stay at Skydive America, Skydive Sebastian, Skydive Deland, and/or Skydive Atlanta...PLEASE let me know because we want to save our money for jumps, of course. I want to meet as many of you as possible while we're down there. The first half is mostly for her so we can see her family, and the skydiving part is for me (and her).
Anyway, I am psyched to meet a lot of you and can't wait!!! Let me know!!
--------------
click me for a good time

The hotels around SD Atlanta are pretty cheap or there are some campgrounds around the area too. Or you can also just camp right on the airport if you like. Hopefully, I'll be around then. See ya when ya get here!
"There once was a man named Enis.....B|"-Krusty the Clown
Clay

Clay...thanks for the info. I'll check around some prices for that. Otherwise, we'll just take our camping stuff and stay at all the DZs. I would want to have a hotel stop every other day or something to wash the stentch off.
BTW....I gotta meet you and see where this strangness actually stems from!! :P
--------------
click me for a good time

reply to Wildblue's PM (since PM's dont work):
Hey bro...thanks for the heads up. I'll certainly keep that in mind when we travel around FL. I certainly dont want to have a bad experience, especially with a sport as small as ours. However, I guess that one good thing is that there is a DZ every 100 miles or less there. I'll let you know how it is when we get back!
Thanks again!
Brandon
--------------
click me for a good time

another reply since it STILL doens't work...grrrr.....:
Hey man....I tried to send you a PM, but this sez it doens't work. I hope you didn't get like 300 of them. hehe...
Anyway, we'll stop there, but we'll see how it is. What was it about the DZ that your friend didn't like? Just curious as to what to look out for. (Besides falling engines.:)--------------
click me for a good time

What was it about the DZ that your friend didn't like?

Could he possibly be telling you what I had to say about a certain dz in the Florida area? If so, I'll be happy to tell you about it so you don't waste your time there!!
Your ears look cold. Can I warm them with my thighs?

If you're in P-cola for awhile, you might want to consider wandering over to Moss Point, MS to jump. They have a Beech 99 and a lot of real friendly people with whom to jump. And I'm not talking banjo music friendly either. It's Exit 69 off of I-10, one of the first exits in MS.
flyhiB|

Theres a whole bunch of hotels/motels around DeLand...not sure about the rates though. I jump there all the time...(so if you need anything let me know)... also, you could email them (www.skydivedeland.com), I'm sure they would be able to point you to some good places to stay. Or, you could camp right there. Hope to see you out there!
-Marshall
"Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time...up high I feel like I am strong enough, to take these dreams and make them mine." -Creed

mm,
i'll be in fort walton beach from jan-april. it's like 30 miles from pensicola........wana give a guy a lift to the dz????? lol maybe we could have that beer then....or i'll just have to look ya up in a few weeks....going back home and i'll be up around findlay alot...... good luck with the trip......

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

Yo Wingnut....look me up when you are in town next time! I'll certainly get ahold of you in FL and take you with us. I would be glad to. But, you have to let me buy you lunch here in Lima if you want me to call you in FL. ;)
Anyway, gimme some heads-up before you get here. Later!
--------------
JumpinDuo.com will be here within days...brace yourself. :P

Like Clay said, the hotels around Skydive Atlanta are pretty cheap, especially if you tell them you are from the DZ. I think the place in Barnesville charging either $35 or $40/night.
If you are shooting back up I-75 you might stop at Atlanta Air Sportz in Rome, GA, http://www.airsportz.com They are just 15 minutes off the interstate. They've been jumping a Porter on the weekends lately. There are cheap hotels nearby and loads of camping at the DZ.
They're both good DZ's, but with different atmospheres.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

If you make it to Airsportz we do have camping and hot showers. Depending on the dzo you folks may be able to sleep over in the clubhouse. Try to make it by on Saturday or Sunday and we will be flying the porter, we fly a 182 on Thurs. and Fri.
A lot of dz.com's jump there. Hope you can fit it into your travel plans.
Ps. I'm the dzo so you can sleep in the clubhouse if you want.
jumpervali

Hey Mountainman,
We would love to see you in Naples. Keep my e-mail address and let me know when you will be here and I will be sure to meet you there. We have a great dz where everyone is cool to hang out and jump with. We will having our season opening boogie this weekend. Visit www.skydivenaples.com for more info.
See you on your Spring Break!
Nathan

Moss Point does not have a Beech 99 anymore. We now have a Super Otter. This thing is getting to altitude in about 11 minutes thanks to new engines and our low elevation. If you are coming around Feb. you can check out our Mardis Gras Boogie. It is by far the biggest event on the Gulf Coast.
William

Who says you can only go to one? As jumpervali said, they have an awesome Porter on the weekends. You might hit the Southern DZ on Friday and get a couple jumps in their Otter, and then head up to the Northern one Friday night. You'll probably see allot more going on at Air Sportz on a Friday night. They have some guys who are awesome cooks out there, and they normally cook Friday nights.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra