JumpinJohn

Gear Question

PUT IT IN THE GEAR AND RIGGING FORUM!!!!
Now that the ugliness is out of the way.........*snicker*
Depends on the container manufacturer......I'm sure there are many differences in each manufacturers design that would affect the situation.
"and I'm not easily impressed...Ooohh look...a blue car!" -Homer Simpson

Nice handle! <>Did you know that "Hoppin' John" is a dish they make down South, w/ black eye peas, rice, ham, & hot sauce? You're supposed to eat it on New Years Day for good luck.
Speed Racer
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork from my lunch?!
-WC Fields

Depends on how tight that 190 was... I would say that you could tighten it up enough for a 150. An airlocked 150 would be tighter and thus a better fit. I used to regularly jump a container that was built for a 135 that I kept a 97 in. It was a bit mushy, but not unsafe in my opinion.
Chuck
That being said, as Clay stated, you will get timelier, more educated answers if you post gear and rigging questions in that forum.
My webpage HERE

Hi JumpinJohn,
This is a good question for the "Gear and Rigging" forum, so you might want to post it in there.
Too answer your question in the most general way, a basic rule of thumb to follow, assuming your rig was made for a 190, is that you can downsize one step. So, your rig should be able to handle a 170 comfortabley. Now, there's all kinds of variables here that could effect this rule of thumb. Here's a few to consider:
Rig manufactorer, some brands may be more tolerant to changing sizes then others.
Is your current rig really "made" for a 190 Sabre.
Going from a 9 cell to a 7 cell may not allow rule to be followed.
Going to a different brand 9 cell may not allow rule to be followed.
Cross-braced canopies have larger pack volumes and as such may not fit as expected.
The type of lines you have, Dacron, Vectron, Spectron, etc effect pack volume.
Anyways, I'm sure you get the picture.
Again, post this in the "Gear and Rigging" forum and I'm sure you'll get a nice case of information overload.
Feet up, heads down, blue skies,
Landmissle

"and it was nice that EVERYone took the chance to point out my stupidity...."
It's just cause we love you....well....not like Justin might want to "love" you but .........ya know.......feel the love man!!!!!!!!!
Besides...what would you do with out us to dog you...I mean.........get dogged by Wuffos?
:D
"and I'm not easily impressed...Ooohh look...a blue car!" -Homer Simpson

Hey John
I bought a Mirage sized to fit a ZP 170 canopy. I am easily fitting my Sabre 190 in it. I have been told that I will also be able to fit a 150 ZP canopy into the same container...
Hope that helps,
Anne
"by stitches, cloth, and cord,...a god of the sky for those immortal moments."-Lindbergh

my container is supposed to fit a 170. I had a 175 F11 in there, a 150 ZP, and now have a 136 in there. some options if you want to downsize and not get a new container are getting padding sewn in. I didn't need to do this for my 136 though, tightened the closign loop and all was fine. fits tighter than my 150 did. =c)
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks