Skyrose7

have you ever...

Not even I have ever done anything like that. One time my friend was over and I wanted to be funny, so I put my rig in my bed ans tucked it in. I forgot I put it there. I came home from work that night, and my roomates were like "Mary, we have to talk." They thought I was really tucking in my rig. Needless to say, they didn't believe my excuses. Interventionnnn sucks.

You see though, I was also doing it as a joke (even though the lord knows I enjoyed myself. I know I do things like that also. Have you ever stuck your head out the window of a car going 70 mph? Try it sometime, it's great.

Yeah, done it couple of times, just to remind myself how it feels on the door. :)
And once my friend asked me how does it feel when you are in the air. I was driving at a free way, accelerated to 100mph and said to my friend to put his head of a window, that should give a bit of a taste how it feels. And he did.
j.

Well a friend an I were riding our motorcycles to the dz. on the freeway (Autobahn) we were pretending of grabbing and pulling or doing a track with both hands in the air. The car drivers were looking at us like we're crazy.
An other time a punch of friends and I (all skydivers) went to the nearest town because of bad weather and in the middle of the plazza we had to practice our exit and to our RW routine.
Or a newbie had to show us his arche on the restaurant table.
At lunch I would drive with the motorcycle with my freefly suit on to the store to get some food. It's just a blast to see people's faces.
Hey if they feel we're crazy why proof them wrong - right?!?
C U
Phil

"I just write it in german"
I can promise you. Your English is far better than my German. I had a hell of a time ordering a Big Mac with no onions in southern germany once....:D I couldn't remember what the hell onions were called....
"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

Eine halbe Tasse Staubzucker Ein Viertel Teelöffel Salz Eine Messerspitze türkisches Haschisch Ein halbes Pfund Butter Ein Teelöffel Vanillenzucker Ein halbes Pfund Mehl Einhundertfünfzig Gramm gemahlene Nüsse Ein wenig extra Staubzucker ... und keine Eier In eine Schüssel geben Butter einrühren Gemahlene Nüsse zugeben und Den Teig verkneten Augenballgroße Stücke vom Teig formen Im Staubzucker wälzen und Sagt die Zauberwörter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim Auf ein gefettetes Backblech legen und Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und KEINE EIER Bei zweihundert Grad für fünfzehn Minuten backen und Keine Eier ..
mike
A bucket of Jet A can heat an entire county if burned all at once.

My regular friends have slowly drifted away. I remember trying to talk them into skydiving over and over but I realized they were never going to come out so I gave up. They've given up on me doing anything else on the weekends.
I remember one year being on a four way collegiate team getting ready a couple of months before the competition we spent a lot of time together. At pizza places or bars around town we'd jam up in the door or whatever available, do a count, exit and start dirt diving. We got lot's of funny looks from people.
Sebazz
I am obsessed with skydiving and I am just going to go with it.

In case you were wondering the translation is...
The Eggs/Balls of Satan. Half a cup of powdered sugar. One quarter teaspoo salt. One knifetip Turkish hash. Half a pound butter. One teaspoon vanilla-sugar. Half a pound flour. 150 g ground nuts. A little extra powdered sugar... and no eggs
Place in a bowl. Add butter. Add the ground nuts and Knead the dough.
Form eyeball-size pieces from the dough. Roll in the powdered sugar and say the Magic Words:
"Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim."
Place on a greased baking pan and bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes...AND NO EGGS
Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes...and no eggs.
mike
A bucket of Jet A can heat an entire county if burned all at once.

sebazz,
I hope that I don't lose contact with my whuffos, they are fun whuffos, but skydiving is important to me, and they REALLY cannot handle me talking about it. They will never understand-just like you said. I am thinking about moving to a place where I can jump more, and have more friends who skydive.
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.