msdeva

corporate humor

Start with a cage containing five monkeys. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it.
Before long, a monkey will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the other monkeys with cold water. After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result - all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon, when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it. Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all of the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace
it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original
monkey with a new one, then a fourth, then the fifth.

Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no
idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs or why
they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.
After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining
monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana.

Why not?
Because as far as they know that's the way it's always been
done around here.

And that, my friends, is how company policy begins.
The world is dumb. Light is cool.

As soon as he touches the stairs, spray all of the other monkeys with cold water. After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result - all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water.

THAT explains my drycleaning bill.
More Corporate Humor...
The Arthur Andersen partner was on his cell phone when he said, "Ship the Enron documents to the feds," but his Secretary heard, "Rip the Enron documents to shreds."
It turns out that it was all just a case of bad cellular...
Fly Your Slot !

i have issues with the ways business's are run
ok at my work and most everywher else here is the order
bottom line
customer
staff
this just doesnt work it should be
staff
customer
bottom line
no im not sayen like staff are great and we shouldnt make money look at it this way
happy content staff that feel safe are more friendly to custmors work harder and are generally more happy.
staff treated like shit do the least amount possible and dont really care, hell why should they
customers can pick this up im sure you have i know i have gone to shops and its just a vibe that you get about the place if the staff are legitimatly happy and content it lights the place up so to speak it also influences your spending habits ive noticed that the places where the staff seem the unhappiest ive spent the less and rarly visit
customers as above if staff are happy then customer can tell.
they should be really looked after all companys say customers come first but then they slug more fees on or cut staff so ppl have to wait longer
bottom line rather than thinking of what major money you can save think small if you use the cheaper toilet paper you can save $100 a year ditto with coffee and bags etc etc you have 100 stores and over a year this quikly adds up
a little story i work at a cinema and my main bosses are the leading exmple of my first model.We where playing around with configuiration so one day the podium was next to the candy bar. We were very understaffed. People came in and lined up at the candy bar because of how understaffed we where it was taking ages to get served i was counting and we would have lost no joke prob about $500 in sales that night why because ppl are on a time limit they just spent $12 per head on tikets the candy bar prices are really high why would they miss there movie to pay so much money for food, they wont t\so tehy waited for a little bit then left. This isnt just a one off this happens all the time. To get a better bottom line they saved $40 but lost $500 tell me where the good business sense is in that?
ill post more later lol cause of my english some might get confused lol
(o):P(o) i got a iq of 189 so there :P