prost

I missed th Mardis Gras Boogie

He he! I had a great time at Mardi Gras! I didn't get to jump quite as much as I would've liked, but I did have opportunity to get in on a couple of 12-ways (which is now my biggest formation!) The dz had a great atmosphere; they were friendly enough so that even my roommate (who made her first tandem!!!) was talking to people left and right! You had to be careful about where you were landing, though (as my jumpsuit sits caked in mud.) I also loved seeing the ocean from the air (beats the corn-field views I'm used to!) And nothing beats having only 5 jumpers on a Super Otter!
I ran into people from collegiates and Quincy that I wasn't expecting to see. That was actually one of my favorite parts! I didn't get to jump with one of the only Quincy Tent 4 organizers (Tom) while at the WFFC. I ended up making all of my jumps with him on Saturday! I also got to meet a few of the people who post here (I'll let them give you some of the party-stories, no need to incriminate myself!) We were able to head over to New Orleans Friday night (and I still think it's one of the coolest cities in the country!) and I met up with n2skdvn (good thing, otherwise i would've been so lost!) I had a blast at the party on Sat. night as well. Roger Nelson had bought something like 500 margaritas for everyone (but they were gone in about 20 mins!) Overall, the boogie exceeded my expectations. I got plenty of beads, drinks and a cool wooden spear thingy (which became "Princess" Valerie's magical wand!) I also had the opportunity to jump in bigger formations (well, they were bigger for me and my experience level at least.) I hope I have the opportunity to go again next year! But anyways, HAPPY MARDI GRAS!
DRINK 'EM CUTE

glad you had a good time val im heading back out that way right now so far you ,wingnut,ducky,thrillseek,skygeek,canopycuddler,and gulfcoast extreme have been thereand maby some more(still have one more day) happy mardigras!!!!!!!!
its not my fault,my mind was not clear
its all because of the heineken beer......

ahhhh the boogie..........
it was a blast.... got my sit down, got to jump with every dz.com jumper there exept for val, and had an awsome time.... and yes the silly string......i knew i bought that at walmart for a good reason......and val, i'm disapointed...with all my pre-emtive bead gifts i never did get my wish.........
on a diffrent note..i got to see first hand the horrors of a hook turn...some dude miscalculated it from like 30 feet..... fractured his orbital socket and broke some ribs...... he landed in some nice mud and i think he was very lucky...20 more feet to his right and he woulda ate the tarmac.... saw a canopyy go verticle 10 feet from the ground o a swoop which was cool as hell....one hella cool carve that was... and met a guy named ben i think..used to be a rigger at perris...i ended up buying him breakfast at waffle house sat. and later that day he asked if i wanted to do a jump and said my slot was on him...... kreg, ya need to post the exit shot outa the casa that rocked... guys, he got the coolest shot of me, ducky and skygeek outa the casa, and it just so happened to be the skydive greene county casa i made my first casa jump outa 3 years ago..............and my first cutaway.......man, i'll have to write up a little story about it this weekend......4 day weekned for me...might have to head back there for a couple days......
oh and on the way home i'm driving my big ass van and carrs are passing me left and right and i'm doing 70, well they were creating alot of wind and blew me around the road a bit...as i roll into pensicola there is a state trooper waiting for me...pulled me over and said he had goten a couple calls about me being all over the road...though i was drunk!!! gave me a breathalizer test and everything.. i blew into his damn machine and what??? no alcohol im my system!!!!! i aint stupid...... but i sure had drank alot the night before........then he litter on the highway when he threw out the little plastic tube i blew into....... pissed me off....damn cops........he should of been bck on the road inalabama where people were passing me doing 90..........

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

not to split hairs, but it looked like that dude that hooked in had another contributing factor to the accident. Looked to me like he was cut off at about 25 feet. I'm not 100%, but it looked like the other guy cut him off -- who wants to bet the other guy thinks just the opposite??
People, PLEASE respect everyone else in the air and on the ground. Left hand patterns are there for a damned good reason. This was now my 2nd time seeing someone hook in, and even though i didn't know the guy, he's a part of my family and it hurt me inside to see him hurt. Think about the effects that has on others before you make a turn under canopy, and maybe we'll all remember to look first.

I plan on doing a Mardis Gras video next year. I was supposed to do it this year but my recall to the Marine Corps stopped that. There is enough going on at that boogie to make an entire movie out of the footage. I had other videographers set up to work for me as well. Start thinking of good things to do for the video next year. I am going to try to have a videographer on almost every load. And you know there will be a lot of boobies on a Mardis Gras video. Should be very popular.
William

Wanna know what is worse than missing the boogie?? Being at work for 11 hours, including a stupid meeting that is nothing more than a hoop I have to jump through for my school district. Then checking my messages and hearing canopycudler going on and on about the CASA jumps she did today and how she was racing to get two more in.....
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!
Anne

and val, i'm disapointed...with all my pre-emtive bead gifts i never did get my wish.........

Damn....I think my magic wand must have been broken!
Anyways, I didn't hear about the accident till I got home (I'm guessing it didn't happen while I was down there.) That really sucks, though.
DRINK 'EM CUTE

FallenWoman
Wish you could have been here that would have completed our dropzone.com record breaking attempt. We did a magic carpet ride from the back of the CASA. That is when 9 peolpe hold on to each others leg straps and exit. Object is to exit and hold on as long as you can. I think we made it to from 16k to 11k. Not to bad is it. See ya at the next Illinois Boogie!!!
GCX