skip

Whats in your cd player!!

Lucky Man! Most H/S here have suck ass music program. I had to get Private lessons (wich cost alot$$$$$) in order to have a descent knoledge so i could go to College.
" I never practice enough"
We never will LOL! So when is your next gig?
P.L.U.R.

The week after next, its a combo gig, not the full band. Just me, a drummer, bass, guitar, alto-sax, tenor-sax and a trombone. When doing the combo thing, we usually just pull out the fake books and basically jam, improving and having fun. The real fun is when we play full gigs, so we can play the tunes that are loud with screaming trumpet licks. :D
"Alright, at 4500 lets break it, turn 360 and track away..."

Cool Man let me know how it went. Impro is probly the best thing in music i compare that to skydiving cuz you'll never know what can happen next. Do you Impro alot on big gigs or mostly stick with the "plan". How long have your band been 2getter?
P.L.U.R.

We do quite a bit of improv at gigs when its a combo gig. Otherwise we usually keep it down to one or two solos during a full band gig. The band as we know it now has been together for this semester, since its a student organization (the school's jazz band) member come and go every sememster. Although a lot of the people have been around for a few years, like myself. ;)

geez.. for me to be 26... i guess i for the most part have old school musical tastes, but i like some new stuff, even though most of today's groups (IMHO) lack musical talent
Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Uriah Heep, Eric Clapton, C C R, Jimmy Buffett, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Allman Brothers, John Lee Hooker, Sonny Boy Williamson, Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Steve Earl, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Bill Monroe, David Allen Coe
but i do like some of the newer stuff like
Alice In Chains, Melisa Etheridge, Les Claypool' solo stuff, Henry Rollins, Limp Bizkit, Staind, Creed
but then again I do like Afro Man... *funny shiat*
as you can see i have a broad range of musical genres that i get in to
i am also starting to play guitar, i hope to start writing my own stuff
hisgoofyness
it ain't easy being goofy, but i do what the little voices in my head tell me to do

Nope, never played with a military orchestra. Infact, I haven't played with anything besides a combo group or a jazz band since high school. Its sort of like FF vs. RW, I guess, I just don't have any desire to play in an orchestra anymore. :D

Still you get to have gigs and have fun anyway. That's all that matters. I have'nt had gig in three months and i hav'nt jump since i can't remember. Got the love Canada. LOL . and i can see why you don't whant to play in an orchestra anymore. They can be a bitch with a schedule.
P.L.U.R.

Hell yeah, the Weakerthans rock. I'm going to try to make it up to South by Southwest to see them in to weeks, and definitely in Houston the same week. I'm actually all giddy about it like I haven’t been for a show in years.
.:Skip
- The Airports almost always empty this time of the year, lets go play on a baggage carousel.

The last big show I went to was Modest Mouse. I was getting over MONO but wasn't missing that for anything. Have you heard of "An Automotive'? They're from Chicago and I think they're getting pretty big. They have a keyboard player that is ex Joan Of Arc I beleive; them or ex Cap N' Jazz.
I'll go to college; learn some big words; I'll talk real loud god damn right I'll be heard.