Scratch

Skydiver Priorities

Yesterday at Skydive Citrusdal I had the priorities of a skydiver graphically demonstrated to me.
The story goes as follows.
At around 14:00 our old faithful C207T, old ZS-ASC for those who know her, had what appears(at first analysis) to have been a fuel pressure failure on take off.
Needless to say the take off is aborted and the old girl goes skidding down the runway and into the field at the end. The overheated brakes then proceed to set the field on fire. (It is pretty dry here at the moment). Skydivers and pilot abandon the aircraft unhurt and people go sprinting down the runway with every available extinguisher.
We got there just in time to put her out and judging by the damage there was probably only seconds before things got really, really nasty:(.
Anyway to cut a long story short when we got back to the hanger where the rest of the people were waiting the following comments were heard in this order.
Is everyone alright?
Damn there goes my load.
Bars open
Did Rick get it on video?
:D

Interesting to see that which continent you live on doesn't affect how skydivers view these small complications at the dropzone. Small of course due to the actions of the pilot, nice work.
Opie
If your not on the edge, you can't enjoy the view!