christopherm

Skydiver Stereotypes

I will be doing a series of surveys soon about skydiving, really just for personal fullfillment. One will be concerning skydiver stereotypes so I need some input from all of you. What are some that you have overheard wuffos saying? I'll post the results of the survey when I get them collected.
-I've got a tricked out speed machine that takes me from 0-120 in 6.0... GRAVITY!

I know skydiving costs a lot, but I meet whuffos who think it costs $200 every time you go, no matter how long you are in it. THat would be crazy.
Also, when I tell friends I finally "graduated", they say, oh, so you can be my jump master now? or, so you are an expert now? or, so I can be strapped to you for my jump?...well, maybe that one was the guy friends. I just laugh at those, and say nooooooooooooooo, far from/
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

iflyme,
what is that...i though a person of your years(and being canadian) couldn't bring a thread down to this level.....oh wait your a skydiver...that explains it all......now there's a stereotype for ya........

"i may not go to heven, i hope you go to hell"-C.C.

I told some buddies at work that thy skydive season was starting out soon just the other day. When I came in to work the next day my boss sits me down and asks me if I really wanted to work here anymore?
He told me that having such an unpredictable hobby would not go well for some one trying to move up in the company. I knew there were stereo types but I think this is just getting stupid. People need to be more informed about the sport.
Who ever said comming down from a high was bad obviously never tried this.
Peter Rodrigues

Don't waste your breath trying to inform them. Yes, this is a irresponcible sport. If we wanted to be safe we would bowl. Yes, it is easy to get killed. An average of 30 jumpers Die in America every year. Yes, it cost a lot of money and time to be in it.
Skydiving is a sport where you can do everything right and still end up dead. ALWAYS remember that.....
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

I love the sport and know the risks. It is about the freedom and closeness of the groups that does it for me. To my friends that don't do it they always think that death will come every sat. It makes it that much more
Who ever said comming down from a high was bad obviously never tried this.
Peter Rodrigues

Oh Great Pooh-Bah,

If we wanted to be safe we would bowl.

I knew a girl who dropped a bowling ball, from her window on the second floor, on a burglar who was half in, half out of the downstairs neighbor's window...turns out that bowling balls are dangerous...lol.
TripleF
"If you have something vital and it's sincere, you can communicate." Butch Trucks