Ducky

Do You WaHoo???

Do you give a lil vitcory yell or "WaHoo" at opening?
As I gain experience I am becoming more perceptive to the deatils of my surroundings while jumping. I have noticed more and more lately that at opening time mixed in with the sounds of snivvelin n poppin canopys I hear alot of "WaHoos!!!!!!"
Just a good time havin, lung bustin, victory yell of sorts. All this time i thought I was a bit odd for giving this same yell at the sight of a good open canopy or upon landing.
Kwak
Stupidity is a crime.

I go nutz when I pull something off that I was trying to do. Like my SCR/Eagle dive. When I opened I was yelling and screaming I was so pumped. Or when I did my first CReW weekend before last, we were yelling and screaming enough that people in the hanger heard us, we were seriously pumped. :)"Give me one ping and one ping only..."

I usaully dont "YAHOO" until I land!!! As soon as the canopy opens I'm to busy checking traffic, finding the DZ, collapsing the slider , stowing it, pop the brakes and then have some fun!!!! Now I have found myself on occasion yelling OPEN!!!! at a few snivelers I've had!! Or if I'm flying along with some one I'll yell at them!! I dont know guess I'm just paronid that way!!!;)
jason

Hahaha, Jessica and I were just talking about the same thing. When my canopy opens I just roar in pure joy - one of those deafening blasts of sheer emotion that you can't fake and can't produce except at a very rare moment. Part of it is I can't really yell in freefall the way I can once I'm under canopy so that ultimate thrill of freefall builds up; opening is the first chance I have to release it. The other thing is that I'm so psyched the damn thing opened without a problem again!!! (If you've seen my pack jobs you might understand this better. ;))
On my AFF IV repeat, it was the sunset load, and there were only six or eight of us in the King Air so we could stretch out a little... we sang Margaritaville on the climb up. I had failed the jump a week earlier but I nailed it that time, and under canopy I got to watch a stunning sunset from a vantage point that few other people ever get to experience. The DZO radioed me down, and I could hear him start to laugh because I was whooping and hollering the whole way down.
PTiger
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way

Not exactly a "wahoo" but jumping around the landing area as soon as i touch down with a big-ass grin across my face whenever i hit a new plateau in freeflying.
In the same vain, does anyone have any habits or superstitions (im sure there's probably been a thread on this before) you do either on the ground or on jumprun before you go. Im not talkign bout the usual gear checks or anything like that, but somethign that you gotta do or else it just doesnt seem quite right.
For me, i have 2. One is with a guy named Kevin down at archway, where we post-dive before we get on the plane. The other is with FallinMarc, where we yell at each other "I cant believe we're skydiving" or "Hey Marc--We're Skydiving!!" -- this one is a kind of new one, though.
blue skies
Tomas

I like to give a Homer Simpson style "woo-hoo" now, thought the first few jumps in AFF where more like "uhmfffff" (sound you make when getting nailed in the stomach) :D
Larry
Error in REALITY.SYS - Reboot Universe? ([Y]/N) _

I always let out a happy scream when my parachute opens. I usually scream again upon landing.

Quit telling fibs .... you dont' stop screaming from exit 'till landing.
"Hey look, sunshine's mouth is open, she must be skydiving!" - Mark (Banned from driving in TN)
Never argue with stupid people.They just drag you down 2 their level & beat you with experience

Quit telling fibs .... you dont' stop screaming from exit 'till landing.
"Hey look, sunshine's mouth is open, she must be skydiving!" - Mark (Banned from driving in TN)

Yeah I hear it buggs the hell outta people at SDC cause they never know if something is truely wrong with her or not....
I just hope I dont have to see her do a non flare she is so famous for....
marc
BSBD

I've given my share of "WOOO HOOO's" and "YEEE HAWWW's".. not so much at opening.. but more at exit and landing.. and I ALWAYS do the "happy dance"when i land in the peas!
Hey..Archway jumpers.. Margaret sings opera under canopy ... haven't heard it yet.. but i bet its a hoot!!
Busses here don't work. I am an asshole.
...Tina

I just hope I dont have to see her do a non flare she is so famous for....

It's actaully the one-handed flares you want to worry about...
(and I don't mean with both toggles in one hand)
Never argue with stupid people.They just drag you down 2 their level & beat you with experience

It's actaully the one-handed flares you want to worry about...
(and I don't mean with both toggles in one hand)

Good thing Phree was late getting to the dz that day. No video = never happened!! :P
"Never frown, even when you're sad. 'Cause you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."