SkymonkeyONE

Picky eaters unite!

I am so damn picky - it's a miracle I'm still alive!!! How anyone can eat a hamburger is beyond me, I will not eat most sea-food dishes, as I have "moral issues" with the way they get killed, or not killed for that matter, I'll eat red meat only if I have to, eat very few veggies and fruit...really picky about that. Have only recently started to eat eggs (it's like eating an "abortion"....EEEKKK!!!) Spicy food is out. But I have to admit that living in the Middle East has actually made me eat a bigger variety of food. Okay - this is what I will eat - brocolli, chocolates, pasta, chocolates, hotdogs, chocolates, strawberries, chocolate, and a few other things.

Chuck, Donna and Canopycuddler, I couldn't agree more w/ the pickles and their evil juices away from my unsuspecting fries or bread. I tell 'em, NO PICKLE and they'll bring my plate w/ a pickle touching the bun soaking up all the juice. The people I'm with think I'm crazy because I got my napkin wiping my plate an then ripping the soaked part of the bun off from the rest of the sandwich. I also hate when servers try to be smooth and remove the pickle from my plate after the food prep guy already put it on there. I can tell! They're all idiots. Picky eaters Unite!!!
I'll go to college; learn some big words; I'll talk real loud god damn right I'll be heard.

Damn, you people are like a bunch of three year olds. Please welcome me to your club.
I will eat pretty much anything as long as it's not spicy, rotten, or contains big chunks of pepper or onions. Or okra, olives, radishes, brussel sprouts, artichoke, or avocado.
I will eat pickles from the jar, but NOT along with other foods like burgers.
I like to eat all different kinds of animals, sea, land, or air, but I will not eat processed meats like bologna, pepperoni, etc. that are made of ground-up asses and noses and whatnot.
I need to be able to imagine what my food looked like when it was alive, with the exception of lunch meats like turkey and ham which I know are probably pretty much processed too.
Joe

Well, it looks like I'm the odd man out on this one, I eat anything in arms reach, just about. Usually in large quantities too. :)Eggs? Great, my favorit has to be an Omlete with lots of cheese, halopinos, ham, tomatos and topped off with a healthy serving of chili on it then have shredded cheese on top of that. Those are great. Especially with a good side order of Grits, really dark strong coffee (served and drank black). Gotta love it (if you've never randomly tried different foods topped with chili, you're missing out :)Damn all of you! I'm very hungry now!
"ahhhhoo...the little guy hasn't done anything yet and you know its going to be good..."

Last month I was in New Hampshire visiting my brother who was in the hospital there. Well New Hampshire is mostly rural & forest & mountains but in the nearby town they had recently opened up a nice Thai restaurant, which is quite a novelty for the locals.
I was talking to this lady at the hospital who said she liked Thai food but she pronounced it "Thigh". And she asked me, "do you like thigh food?" you don't wanna know what I was thinking.....:P
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

I used to be a picky eater until I realized that I was missing out on so much food that tasted to great. That was about a year ago or so and it has done a lot not only for my appetite but for my mental image personally.
Picky can =malnutrition later in life
think about that
Who ever said comming down from a high was bad obviously never tried this.
Magistr8

"Eggs? Great, my favorit has to be an Omlete with lots of cheese, halopinos, ham, tomatos and topped off with a healthy serving of chili on it then have shredded cheese on top of that. Those are great. Especially with a good side order of Grits, really dark strong coffee (served and drank black). Gotta love it (if you've never randomly tried different foods topped with chili, you're missing out "
Man Stop that! I just came out of the gym and this just gave me a monster craving for an omlette. But i'm at WORK! Damn. UMMMMM OMMMLETTE!
P.L.U.R.

deep fried butt

Were you in that "Alive" movie. Man did I laugh when they finally decide to eat their buddies so dude goes out with a knife and cuts off a pice of the guys ass cheek. I mean.....get a thigh or some nice tender backstrap......Oh no....I want ass first....:D
"I only have a C license, so I don't know shit..right?"-Clay

What's the name of tha place Andy? Never heard of place like that in this town.

I forget the name of the place. It was on the West side of Bank, near Arlington. It was a pretty kickin place to do laundry when I was at Carleton, a few years back. For a while they even had a home theater set up in the back room, many times I'd chill to some kickin movies while doing laundry. They also had free pick-up and drop-of from Carleton.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

typical dropzone.com thread - devolved into ass. LOL Of course it was Clay who started it. That's OK -
Hey I'll eat a guy's ass! OOPS I didn't mean to say that, I meant to say, Hey I'll never be seen eating a guy's ass! Wait damn that's not it either. I'd eat, uh...a woman's ass? Ok that doesn't sound good...hrm....little stumped here - ok enough about the ass. I don't really eat ass (thank God) but I just had to push the limits there and see what you people can take. LOL You know me!! Always on the edge.
Sponsored by Freaksister's S&M Warehouse- supplying the country and the World with quality leather goods for 25 years and counting!
Sis
Can you Trip like I do?

I was a picky kid, but that changed as soon as I started cooking for myself. I hated onions, only to disover how blah things tasted without them.
Bring on the pickles, the cottage cheese, the mushrooms, the brussels sprouts! Serve me spicy, salty, sweet or sour! Mix it up and add cheese, and hand it over! Just so long as it isn't greasy, over-processed, or was once soaked/cleaned with formaldehyde.
I'll try almost any food, once. I've discovered a wonderful variety of things that, while at first I wouldn't have imagined eating, are worth the momentary discomfort of stepping outside my comfort zone. One of my goals in life is to eat authentic haggis.
A question; how many of you really picky eaters smoke? I've known a lot of smokers who quit, and then couldn't believe how much better food tasted, and discovered that they loved all sorts of food they used to hate.

I don't smoke. Never did. I'm a PIA about that, too. I hate being around cigarette smoke. And when a non-smoker kisses a smoker.... yuck!
Oh... and to a different post. I hate all onions. I don't touch anything with onions in them.
Blue Skies,
D