prost

Future swooping plans

I have no plans to be a handkerchief pilot. I'm jumpin' 210 sq ft of nylon, loaded just over 1:1, and plan to stay that way for a few hundred more jumps (I've got 133 as of this afternoon!). I've got a couple of jump buddies who are sub - 100 sq ft ... hell, they are sub 80 sq ft, and I've got no urge to go there myself.
"Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees"
Five For Fighting

I have 131 jumps,and I'll say definitely not. I'm a 36 year old woman with 2 kids. My kids are 2 very good reasons for me to stay a conservative jumper. I'm on a 170 now. I'll definitely go down to a 150 in 100 jumps or so, but I don't really have plans now to go any smaller than that.
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

As of right now, that is not something I really want to try. I like to make my landings a bit fast, but nothing that will ever require me to keep downsizing to feed my craving. I figure that if I jump out of a plane, freefall for a minute and get under a good canopy, I shouldn't chance it anymore. :)Who knows though. I'm sure there are some sub-100 pilots who have said that before as well.
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

Also, I am more interested in doing demos (when the time comes) and things of that sort. I guess I like the accuracy more than the speed. One reason I bought the canopy I did is because there is a lot of performance left in it and I can use it for a long time and get good in all aspects of it...speed AND pin point landing.

i like getting a little swoop but it will be a looong time before i go to crossbrace

Thanks for the phrase. I couldn't think of how to say it in one sentance, but that would be it. I can see myself going down to a smaller XFire or something of that sort, but I think that Xbraced will be too much for me. And, depending on how my skydiving future turns out (TM/instructor or just fun jumper), I dont know if I'll be able to keep current enough.
Either way, my 169 is good enough for my fat ass right now.;)

I like doing front riser hooks so yeah I'll prolly eventually own a X-brace. Not in any hurry to get one though. I've still got quite a few swoops left in my Jedei 136. I'll prolly get a Samurai 120 next and then maybe start considering an FX in the 110 range. But we're talking several hundred jumps down the road before I get there.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

I dunno, right now I have no need to scare myself shitless on every landing, but I only have 77 jumps. I'll probably learn to swoop sometime down the road because I love flying my canopy, and it seems like a logical step in fun canopy flight.
Hell, a couple of years ago I would have thought skydiving on a regular basis was crazy.
M

Well, I remember when I had under a 100 jumps. I told myself I would never jump a stilletto. Well I did before I had 200 jumps. And at 400 I jumped an FX99. So, I guess I just wanted to remind you all to never say never because you never know. Granted, most people do not go to X-braced canopies but still load their ellipticals pretty heavy. There is nothing wrong with jumping a large canopy though. There are people I know with 4000+ jumps who have never been under anything less than 200 sq. ft., but those people can land on empty beer cans in almost any wind conditions.
Alex

Ummm...I'll pass on that. If I'm not going to be swooping the shit out of every landing, I don't want the trade off, which is hard shitty openings. First jump today Derek and I doing drill dives, turn track, I pitch out and while I'm snivling, I see Derek pitch. *WHACK* End Cells touching, legs flying wild whipping stuff going on Well as I sit there cringing my canopy finishes opening. Now for my canopy I actually had a fast opening, but it's a crossfire, so it was still soft. What I saw I thought I would come down to Derek saying he is seeing stars, nope....he said that was actually one of it's better openings.
You know what I think I'll stick with my crossfire, plenty of performance to play with and nice soft openings. The swoop gods can keep their spanky X-braced canopies.

no plans for that, too old, too inexperienced. i don't even have my pre-second canopy yet! i'm figuring i'll get a 210 sabre2 or hornet (i'm about 220 out the door), then work my way down as experience allows, can't see going much below 170..
nothing succeeds like a budgie with no teeth