Vallerina

Richmond?

Despite the weather forcasters' predictions all week long (what do they know anyways?), today was mostly beautiful. Being so close to Richmond, I thought it was a perfect stop for my tour this summer. I don't like dz bashing, but today really upset me.
With an unexpected awesome day like today (while I have a couple of bucks in the bank), I really just wanted to make a jump or two. I was told for over three hours that a pilot was on his way (even while I was leaving the dz!)
Okay, not too big of a deal (stuff happens, right?) But, they also decided to bash a loved dz of mine to me.
I'm just trying to find a new "home" this summer, and I've had many good vibes and much love from my homies. Maybe I caught the dz on a bad day (once again, stuff happens.) But, it kind of upset me, and I didn't find that "home" feeling I've been looking for.
I'm Jon from Xenia. Please don't hate me.

Awww... That's shitty. I hate it when DZ's badmouth their neighbours. It usually just shows a DZ that's insecure about what they got.
Think of it this way - it's a good thing! You're just gonna have to come back to Chicago! :)_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

You're just gonna have to come back to Chicago!

No, we have to stay in Ohio for at least another 30 days cause that's when our court appearance is. Apparently public nudity is illegal in Ohio. Who knew?!;)
"And you just put that shirt on!" ~ Cajun Jon

Yup - like I said, 135,000 miles on my Honda. No major repairs. Just keep the oil clean and do all the scheduled tuneups. Those Preludes are pretty... but out of my price range!

Weird. Aparently it's not illegal at morris...?
I bet there's a good story here.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Im a jumper at Richmond im kinda late on this post but i thought i would throw out my 2c
Richmond is a close DZ and the people are great, more then likely you caught them on a bad day. We have a full time Caravan this year and im not sure if it was the only thing flying but not all our pilots can fly it (i think) and i dont think the whole Dz is against this other local Dz you talk about maybe someone had a bad Experience at there and was just bitching. I say give us a chance to redeem ourselves if your still in the area this weekend coming up should be nice and I'll be there so i'll be your buddy. So hey you cant lose all im sayin is give us another shot cause everyone is real nice just sometimes grumpy =).
just my opinion but hey im only 16 what do i know =P

jon from xenia, we don't hate you.
i am a very active jumper at richmond, this is the only weekend that i have not been there since janurary, which i am sorry i was not there to meet you, however, i am sorry that you had a bad time there. i really find it odd, this has been my weekend home for the past two years, and i am always trying to get more people to stop by join the family feeling there. i surely hope that you will come back if you get the chance, and join us for some jumps. are you freeflyer, or rw, or other. we have a lot of people in all disciplines. unfortunately i will not be out next weekend either (college reunion type thing), but you will see me every weekend for the rest of the season. come on out, ask for me, people around the dz call me "yamahonda" or "jackie chan".
hope to see you there
jason

Oh my God, someone said something bad about another DZ?
How terrible, I can see how that would ruin your whole day.
I'm sure that that kind of talk never goes on wherever you jump.
And who is" they"?? Are you talking about the owner or one other jumper, or was everyone DZ bashing.
I live close to Richmond, and I didn't even go that day because the weather was so shitty. I'll bet there was very few other people there also.
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but people at different DZs are all pretty much the same. You will find some good ones and also some bad ones.
" I'm jon from zenia please dont hate me"
Poor guy. He's begging us not to hate him. I dont think thats
possible. All the regulars at Richmond know how we always talk about how much we hate those people from Zenia.We love to say how stupid those people are. Other DZs too. We hate em all.
Dont come jump with us , were all a bunch of assholes anyway, you probably wont have any fun.
Jason tried to be nice to you, but he's kidding. I heard that he really does' hate' people from other DZs.
He's leading you into a trap. Dont fall for it!!
ChrisG
(sorry Jason, I just had to do that) :-)