HeatherB

Bizarre thoughts while jumping?

Thought no. 1:
'Nice EYES!'
Thought no. 2:
'Oh my god we're all naked!'
Thought no. 3:
'Fuck. Is it possible to damage your feminine 'bits' doing a backlop naked like this?'
Thought no. 4 (whilst alone on early sitfly attempt)
'OhmyGODTHISISFUCKINGFASTWHATTHEFUCKAMIDOINGFALLINGSOFUCKINGFASTTOWARDSTHEEARTHWHATAFUCKINGSTUPIDIDEAWHOSEIDEAWASTHISANYWAY?!!!'

The jump after my first cutaway (blown cells from hard opening)....
I pull the PC, toss it, wait, wait, wait "Well I'm not going to do 2 reserve rides in a row" wait, wait wait... "awwww [bleep!]" (Kachink-pop)
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

#1 I would have been on about my 10th jump when I was like...holy shit. My eyes have been closed this whole time!(that is from jump 1-10).
#2 (As my goggles were flying off my face & it is 15degrees)
HOly SHit! I am going to loose my contacts! (I can't see a foot in front of me w/out them) How the hell will I find the dz? or land!
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

>"Oh...I almost forgot a good one. Second jump on a throw out. "OK...3000Ft. Reach back...grab hackey and pull out. Look at that nice P/C flailing in the wind......LET GO OF IT STUPID!!!!" "
I did the same thing but did not realize it until I had pulled the silver handle. 500 jumps later, I'm still hearing about it.
Mark
Mark Klingelhoefer

then i realized my goggles were still around my neck.... :)

Reminds me of a similar thing that happened to me a while ago. I usually leave my goggles clipped to my helmet which is clipped to my cheststrap, and as we got to the get ready altitude I started looking for them and couldn't find them. People in the plane were helping me look for them for awhile when I finally realized that they were around my neck, boy did I feel stupid. :)--

Funny because no-one got hurt but this story happened at a DZ one time........
Guy from out of town comes out to do a skydive. He had learned to skydive on a ripcord sytem. Well he grabs the rental rig goes and does a jump. 4,000 he waves off pulls the rip cord.....nothing....thinks he has a total and lets go of the rip cord to go for the cutaway pilow........bam main opens.....As he is giving the rig back to the packer he appologizes for loosing the rip cord and complaines about the hesitation at pull time..........Needless to say it was a pilot chute system..........:P......
Dude did his transition all on his own, wonder what was going through his mind though.
SEBAZZ.......

he appologizes for loosing the rip cord and complaines about the hesitation at pull time..........Needless to say it was a pilot chute system................

LMAO, would have been great if he had kept the 'ripcord' while cutting away
--

I know a guy who did something similar. He pulled the rip cord, which was really a pilot chute, and stuffed it down his shirt. He freaked out because it wasn't opening, and cutaway.:)Andrea
I'm high as a kite
I just might
Stop and check you out.

then i realized my goggles were still around my neck.... :)

Yeah, was getting ready for jump run and put my Wrapper, interchangable lens, goggles on and marveled at how clear the new clear lenses were after changing out the tinted ones for the sunset load. Then one of the FF'rs poked me in the eye. Both lenses had fallen out and blew out the door when I put them on. Good thing the otter keeps a spare pair in the cockpit. :$
;)