dbrggs

School

School, what is it about school that makes you want to sleep and never wake up? Why do they put so much effort into the nothingness that they hold so dearly? Why? I ask you Dropzone.com'ers Why is it that we are so bored? Ugh, Yeah it is David and I am in my english class at the school computer lab where everyone is supposed to be researching more for their project. I love being ahead of the game, to bad it leads to being bored in the end. Oh well as my friend Leon Phelps would say "Do it in the Butt" Adios David
Yes I love you.....having sex with me.

Wow I can see it already. David wearing a striaghtjacket in a white padded room. Hey, that might be fun at least I couldent hurt myself with all the white padding. Ah, well money is nice. David
Yes I love you.....having sex with me.

Or the dreaded "Confrence Call". I've slept through more of them then I care to admit. But lately I've been distracted on them if I join from my cube.......
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

Yep...the cube farm sucks ass and the meetings are even worse. It's impossible to give a shit around here. Thats why I'm getting a job that will keep my attention. No cubes, no computers, just doing fun and interesting stuff. Oh yeah....I get to save the world on occasion too. :)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

I'm getting a job that will keep my attention. No cubes, no computers, just doing fun and interesting stuff. Oh yeah....I get to save the world on occasion too.

Note to self: Watch for Clay Fowler when Men in Black II opens.;)
flyhiB|

Whenever I was in high school elders always told me that those years would be the best years of my life. I thought how could this be the best years of my life?
Actually, since I started skydiving this year has been the best year of my life. The work aspect is worse than school though. You don't get summer breaks, spring breaks, Christmas breaks, nor do you get out at 3:00 in the afternoon and get to go to football practice.
Enjoy it while it lasts. After college it is all down hill from there as far as work time. The secret is finding a hobby you enjoy (skydiving) and spending time with family and friends.
<----- This is the planet ChromeDome. I am from here. We have a very fast moon and it is dark all the time.

Clay, are you going to work for one of those three letter organizations

I sure hope so.....damn paperwork is taking forever!!!!!!! :D Nothing like dealing with the US Government. I'm down to the last hoop I have to jump through to get the 1st baseman slot on the Kickball team. :)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

School does not suck! How long are you there for??? Compared to how long you will have a job - school is just a brief period. I went to college for 2 years, and graduated 19 years ago. If I hadn't ploughed through college, I would NEVER have achieved the success I have in my career. Get over your boredom, and get to work. It'll pay off big time for the rest of your life!
"There's nothing new under the sun"

School is the best, been in the uni for 3 years now and I miss my school days, I wanna go back to school, when things were easy and fun. Uni is not so hard but am too lazy to study. DZ.com forums are much more fun than electromagnetic fields.
"Life is full of danger, so why be afraid?"
drenaline

"DZ.com forums are much more fun than electromagnetic fields"
I thought the CRT is all about electromagnetic fields...:)Therefore without EM fields we wouldn't be blethering at each other, and probably wouldn't even exist at all.....
Ooooh this is getting abstract again.....:)Cya
D

School does not suck!

It does & it doesn't. I love the learning process, so a course with interesting subject-matter and a good professor is a joy. Tests & bad profs still suck though. :P
The problem with schools is that they focus on structure & curricula. I don't think people are too far off the mark when they allude to school being basically a structural model for the "real world". Ding dong "bosses". Stupid mindlessly-applied rules. Demands for conformity. Being locked in a room for hours pretending you're "busy" because you finished your work long before everyone else. Ugh.
Quite frankly I've learned more stuff and been more influenced as a person by just reading and learning on my own. Just sort of follow what interests me. You oughta see how many books I have on theology & Eastern philosophy.
Of course, I think schools are a necessary evil for learning stuff like math & science. It's kinda hard to learn that stuff on your own, though obviously do-able if one looks back through history.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."