Jessica

My web site sucks.

ok I still dont have a web site but look at this. I uploaded some pic's to "webshots."
[url "http://community.webshots.com/album/38342922cgxRPs
http://community.webshots.com/album/38342922cgxRPs
[/url]
Life's a bitch, and I'm her Pimp!
JT

If you don't want to do a whole lot of work, check out OSWD. The have tons (hundreds) of "starting points" to choose from. Most of them aren't perfect, but they take care of the dirty work and you can tweak the colors and layout for a custom design.
I use one of their templates on my crappy site. Just try clicking in the links. ;)
--
Brian

Theres alot to PHP, but it follows a C like syntax which helps if you've ever messed with any kind of programming. I still consider myself intermediate at PHP programming, even tho I've been able to develop some interesting applications utilizing some of the more popular uses..blah-lol
Thing is now I have to learn more VB, ASP etc and .net type stuff because thats what we get to do at school-:) overflow!
---------
Whoever that was that recommended NAMO -(aka LAMO), I would check out some other wizeeeewigs first. Ann tried to use Lamo for a while, and one of the MOST annoying things I noticed was that it added a CHARSET type meta tag that made a browser think that you needed japanese text display installed-lol. Just one small thing, and it's simple to fix, but not so simple if you have no HTML idea/......
.....there is no spoon
--------------------
My website

The only real problem I have with PHP (so far) is that the object orientation is weak. All methods and instance variables are public. Encapsulation is, IMHO, one of the most important features of OOP. I can do things like put in an underscore as the first character in the name of vars and methods that I want "private" and comment it so that my users know that. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop them from screwing with the internals of my objects if they want to.
Other than that, PHP rocks my world. Not as fast as mod_perl or compiled code, but plenty fast for any site I will be working on in the foreseeable future.
--
Brian

I still consider myself intermediate at PHP programming

LOL:D......I'm just a lowly software instructor with a very healthy respect for those who can write "code" in any language let alone those who are comfortable in a few like C...(and the subsequent plusses), sql, perl, xml....or even..... (no don't say it!!!)...(shut up! I will say it!)..... vba like their just typing a letter, while at the same time picturing the result in their mind!!....
...I know there's a lot of you on this forum! God bless skydivers...God bless programmers!!!!

Again...Cool Sites!!
SKYDIVE!
"This is the 4th time I've been late for work this week!!...and it's only Tuesday!" ...Cheech and Chong

"We don't care about the consumer."

How do you feel about a lawsuit brought against you for false advertising ? I looked for the "Naked Xmas Pics" but couldn't find them.
(but then I went to www.Jessica.com and was entertained.) :)Don

I looked for the "Naked Xmas Pics" but couldn't find them.

HAR! I wish I had a hit counter on THAT page.

(but then I went to www.Jessica.com and was entertained.)

No affiliation. I swear. :$
Everyone who offered to help -- y'all are awesome. I may hit some of you up. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I must ponder this. I am quite irritated by the amateurishness of my web presence.

My website is a mixture of html and asp that was written in notepad, EZPad and FrontPage. I agree that Frontpage code is ugly as hell. But it handles my database integration for jumplog statistics pretty well with minimal effort.
I'm not web guru, but I think my site is at least decent. I had a lot of fun making it and getting it to look fairly uniform and halfway aesthetic. One thing that drives me nuts about most web pages is that they are all in Arial or Times New Roman. Get some new fonts, people, for god's sake. :)I don't have to worry about pop-up ads or anything, because I just put up my own server. So I have plenty of room for whatever I want to include on my site.
Justin