Remster

Skyvan in the UK!

G-BVXW is the Hunting Aviation Skyvan - it was regularly used at Netheravon a few years ago (I jumped it a few times), and was at Weston after the Nomad crash. I think it's been at Hinton some time as well, though I'm less certain of that one. I've seen it at Nethers this year, but I'm not sure it was for jumping, and definitely not APA sports stuff.
Geoff

I got a question just a little of the thread topic, but y'all are just the people who might be able to help me. I'm stationed in England at RAF Lakenheath (about 30 min from Cambridge). I'm in the US right now on temprary duty, right after I got here I started skydiving. Next week I'm heading back to England and want to know if any of you know of a good DZ close to Cambridge, or where I might be able to find out this info. Thanks much.
Oz

Have a look at:
http://www.bpa.org.uk/dropzone/dzone.htm
I guess the closest to Cambridge would probably be Sibson, Hinton and Weston (Weston is a military DZ so you may get some discounts, but I'm not sure that applies to non UK military).
Langar isnt too far either, and at least, you dont have so many burgundy clad clowns there (hi Skreamer!)
Remster
Muff 914

Hi Oz
Your best bet would be to go to the BPA's web-site and find the dropzone most conveniently located. It would probably be a good idea to then call whichever DZ that is, tell them how far you are with your student progression and make sure that they can accomodate you. You'd also have to join the BPA, membership includes 3rd party insurance and the most excellent BPA skydivemag.
Hope this is of some help.
Will
"Look before you jump, don't die until you're dead"

"You'd also have to join the BPA, membership includes 3rd party insurance and the most excellent BPA skydivemag"
I'm not sure about having to join the BPA, as long as Oz haas say USPA, or some other equivalent, its normally cool to let 'visiting' jumpers jump on their own national BPA/USPA/APA etc....If Oz started in the US he probably has a valid USPA.....
You are of course aboslutely correct about the most excellent magazine though.......Lesley Gale rocks......
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.

Is it correct though that all visiting jumpers to the USA must take out temporary USPA membership when jumping at a USPA affiliated DZ?
You are correct of course about not having to join the BPA, but since Oz has a total of 7 jumps and is based in the UK, it might be a good idea to become a member.
"Look before you jump, don't die until you're dead"

"Is it correct though that all visiting jumpers to the USA must take out temporary USPA membership when jumping at a USPA affiliated DZ?"
Not sure, when I came here back in Nov, I signed up anyway, less hassle, (I'd misplaced my BPA card, so would have been screwed anyway) and quite a good mag, not as good as our one though :)I seem to recall when I was over in Palatka doing my S/L progression a long tike ago we took out temp membership, it wasn't expensive.
But here is the rub, if you don't have USPA, your BPA certainly won't cover you here for third party stuff, landing on a house, whuffoe, car etc. So you need some sort of insurance. (its a bad idea to skimp on insurance in the US)BPA covers you for this on mainland Europe but not in other places, I think.
"Oz has a total of 7 jumps and is based in the UK, it might be a good idea to become a member."
definitely agree with you on that point Will.
Cya
D
GR# 37
Remember how lucky you are to see and touch the sky; the blind may only dream.