coho21

Triple X

I was very disappointed with it. I knew the script and acting wasn't going to be memorible, but I was hoping for more extreme sports action (like the scene at the beginning of the movie with the corvette & base jumping, which I did enjoy). But instead what we got was a gun battle after gun battle with a little unrealistic skysurfing thrown in. >:(

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

007 get the f out - XXX is in da house.

Basically, take all those wimpy tuxedo wearing fops that have played Bond (after Connery) and throw them out and replace them with somebody that's more in-line with the generation that watches the X-Games. Keep everything else about a Bond flick; bad guys, big guns, cool cars, hot chicks and some kick ass stunts. XXX even keeps "Q" and the traditional "here's your new gadgets" scene.

The explaination of XXX's character is PERFECT and his first stunt in the movie is a work of genius as far as letting you know what this guy is all about.

Yeah, the dialog is a little weak in places, but it's certainly no worse than any Bond flick and a hell of a lot cooler in a lot of places.

In quiet reflection sitting here about 72 hours after watching it I can only find a couple of faults with the flick;

Hated the fact they had to make up weapons rather than simply use real ones. I'm thinking it would have been way more cool for XXX to use a Desert Eagle rather than some goofy dart gun.

Hated the set designs for the interiors of the NSA and "evil guy" secret lair. Again, realisim would have been a better deal.

Hated the vehicle design for the weapon of mass destruction. Again, it just didn't make any sense.

I guess the flaw here is that I know that a lot of the stunt work was real -- done by real humans and not computer generated. So, more realisim in the weapons and sets would have sold the entire movie better for me.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SAID.

Go see this flick. Really cool stunt stuff and the chick -- oh my, she rocks.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

They made the skysurfing look like crap.

It was explained to me AFTER I SAW THE FILM that the sentace or two that would have explained the funky skysurf ended up on the cutting room floor.

Supposedly, the winds whipping around the mountain tops was supposed to be causing a LOT of turbulence.

Now, since that line got cut, it didn't make a whole lot of sense that he was skysurfing the way he was in the film, BUT TO ME while I was watching it I justified it in MY mind by thinking "hey, they said he was an expert snowboarder and we've seen him BASE jump, but they haven't ever said anything about him skysurfing. Maybe it's the first time XXX has ever skysurfed!"

And I thought to myself -- cool!
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Ok I'll buy that. But outrunning an avalanche ten feet behind him for (call it 5 minutes) no way!! [:/]

I will say that I LOVED the welcoming party when they arrived at the castle!!!! Honeys galore!!!:ph34r:

and my favorite line/s:

"Bitches come!" :P
"It's a small price to pay for putting foot to ass for my country."

BS
J

Maybe it's the first time XXX has ever skysurfed!"

And I thought to myself -- cool!

Just got back from seeing it myself. Couldn't explain the skysurfing scene either and came away with this same premise. The -only- reason that stunt looked so 'amaturish' was that he's never done it before!
Never thought about the 'turbulance' being a factor when the pilot mentioned it from the cockpit. Hmmmm....(wonder what the line was that was cut?).

You're right, quade! 007 move over!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

This movie rocked! Yes, the dialogue/acting had a bit to be desired, but like Quade said, what action adventure movie doesn't?! Also, in an action movie the stunts are supposed to be grossly eggagerated (like jumping his bike 50ft in the air without any sort of ramp). As for the skysurfing scene, I figured the same as a few others have already said, it was made to look that way. he needed a board for the snowboarding, and he needed to get down to the mountain... parachute + snowboard = crappy skysurfing by a first timer. I don't think it had anything to do with the winds/turbulence or inexperience on the stuntman, if you'll notice at pull time the guy flipped and was rock solid for the pull..... it was meant to be that way! B|

The stunts were right on, and my 2nd favorite line of the movie (the first already having been mentioned:ph34r:) "I wish I had a video camera... cuz this is gonna be one hell of a TRICK!" LOL

Blues!

Merrick

Yup, we went for our anniversary yesterday and it really was a great movie. Skydivers tend to pick apart skydiving scenes in a movie, and I'm sure all the other stuff he did, motorcycles and such, will be picked apart by people who know some about that...but it's a movie. It wasn't as lame as some of the other jump scenes in other movies where they were in freefall for like 10 mins!

The chick is hot, and Diesel is REALLY hot (especially good for those of us who can appreciate both physiques ;)). Some of the lines were cheesy, but overall I really loved it!