Icarus021

Has anyone Jumped with an MP3?

Yup, I do this quite a bit. Especially on Hop-n-pops or solos. The best is when you do clear and pulls from altitude to just fly around, just makes it even more fun. I'm not sure about anyone else, but with the headphones under my Mindwarp, I can listen to the music in freefall. Mucho funno, just besure to not totally rely on your audible since you probably won't hear it with the music on. :)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hans Paulsen was my AFF Instructor and I remember my level 4 out of the Skyvan he put on his headphones and then his helmet. I looked at him strangely. He said "What?" I thought for a moment and realized my safety was not threatened in any way because he had headphones in and I laughed and then jumped. Whuffos think weird things. What, he wouldn't be able to hear me in freefall if I needed anything? LMAO;)

I thought of the idea when i started getting bored with filming tandems.... Now I don't think i will jump with out it for a while....

Jammin under canopy is great... It just makes it that much more fun;)

3-2-1-cya
Don't take life too serious, you will never get out alive!

On hop-n-pops and altitude clear and pulls, I clip it to my chest strap, tieing a closing pull through a tie down on the MP3 player, around the chest strap and around the player again. doesn't budge. If it did, it'd just hang from the chest strap anyways, kinda nice since I'm usually in shorts and a t-shirt for those kinds of jumps anyways.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Are there any safety/other reasons why one shouldn't wear headphones?

Uhh, hello? I think some safety issues have already been mentioned... refering to an AFF instructor wearing headphones

, he wouldn't be able to hear me in freefall if I needed anything

:)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Yup, I do this quite a bit. Especially on Hop-n-pops or solos. The best is when you do clear and pulls from altitude to just fly around, just makes it even more fun. I'm not sure about anyone else, but with the headphones under my Mindwarp, I can listen to the music in freefall. Mucho funno, just besure to not totally rely on your audible since you probably won't hear it with the music on. :)

IIIIII WANNA ROCK 'N ROLL ALLL NIGHT.... AND PAHTEE EVER-EEE OH-SHIT!!! Whew!

i have jumped many times with my mini disc player. it went in the chest pocket of my jumpsuit and ran the cord up my neck and into my helmet.. now i did jump at a small c206 dz and was normally out first since i had the smalest canopy i never listened to it in freefall..hell, i don't even remeber me relising i breath in freefall let alone hear anykind of music other than my dytter, but the ride up and canopy flight is so much better jamin to some choice tunes.... wonder if ya could take a boom box up on a croscountry jump and the whole group could jam........kinda like a party at 10k...lol

Hans Paulsen was my AFF Instructor

He did my level 1 and 5, in 96 while most folks were jumping at Monroe back then, good times...

I used to wonder about jumping with radios etc, dont they even make radios into some full face helmets? I guess they could be fitted with "sport" radios rather easily?

I guess if I were to wear one I'd do it like most others on here do, tucked in a packet under my junmpsuit with the wires running up past my neck and under my helmet. I think if anyhting were to snag on them they would either break, or the earpiece would be ripped loose-lolouch!

I dont see needing to hear under canopy that well either as long as your not doing crew, or you dont get in a wrap, but best believe I'd choose some headphones that would be easy to remove.

And I guess as long as folks arent trying to FF songs because they just have to swoop to "eye of the tiger" than it really wouldnt be that big of a deal -lol
-System.Windows.IUnknown.Crash.Reboot.Crash.Reboot.Freeze.Crash.Reboot.Break.Stuff.dot...