kaseybec

CASA questions

Avoid putting Max people on the plane... they climb like dogs after 30 people are on one..

Load tandems first then freefliers on the benches then the RW'ers smallest to largest... larcest group gets the floor and gate...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

There used to be "Exit seperation" sheets in the Casas... where did those go? Nothing sucks worse than having 30 people on the plane who have no idea how fast we're screaming across the ground, and they take forever between groups. Have who ever loads the plane talk with the pilots and tell everyone as they board what kind of seperation to give.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Casa's are faster then most planes so delay is a bit less... Have the LO's work out with the pilots if they are doing big ways if they will turn the green on early to let everyone stage and exit on the right spot or if the LO's need to take grips on the red and go right on green or what... (BIG DEAL!!) Also watch the jumpers past lines on big ways if not many jumpers have jumped casa's.

On Raft dives... work out with the pilots before the plane ever starts moving if it will be only one pass or two... 2 is perfered, 1 is very doable. Also with rafts... they load the plane first then tandems. You want an empty plane when the Casa goes 0-G's on you. If you are doing more then 1 raft on a load... try to keep it to just experienced jumpers sicne they don't balk at the door like students sometimes do. Also work out the 0-g signal with the copilot.

If anyone is doing CRW out of it... Pull fast, the airspeed is higher then a 182 and it WILL whack you (10 jumps out of 10 nailed me so far)

Know the close the door sign... or pass word up when you want the door closed to the co-pilot... only one person needs to tell him (Close door sign is move your hand like someone is talking...)

Treat the pilots well... also CSS usually does boarding passes... talk to the staff that comes in with the plane to see how they want you to do it.

Anything else?

(Can you tell Wildblue and I have some horror stories in Casa's? Ahh... I do love jumping one all Summer though :P)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

There used to be "Exit seperation" sheets in the Casas... where did those go? Nothing sucks worse than having 30 people on the plane who have no idea how fast we're screaming across the ground, and they take forever between groups.

[rant]
I have _never_ been on a Casa load where exit separation was aa problem, why you ask....

Because even though the pilot says "no more than 3 seconds between groups" people take that to mean (a) watch first group leave and wait for what appears to be decent separation, (b) setup in the door, (c) take grips, and (d) count to 3 and exit. Because a Casa is screaming on jumprun this is a recipe for half a load landing off. Make sure your jumpers understand that 3 seconds (or 5 or 6 or 7) means exactly that, 3 seconds between exits, no less and certainly no more.
[/rant]

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

>Make sure your jumpers understand that 3 seconds (or 5 or 6 or 7)
> means exactly that, 3 seconds between exits, no less and certainly
> no more.

3 seconds is not enough time on a CASA between, say, the first ten way and the next eight way if there's a headwind. Sorry, I'm just not willing to get out and end up opening 50 feet from someone else because the guy in the back wants a good spot. Safe separation is the #1 priority; making sure everyone gets out on one pass is #2.

3 seconds is not enough time on a CASA between, say, the first ten way and the next eight way if there's a headwind. Sorry, I'm just not willing to get out and end up opening 50 feet from someone else because the guy in the back wants a good spot. Safe separation is the #1 priority; making sure everyone gets out on one pass is #2.

Of course Bill a little common sense is certainly required. My point was, and still is, there's no need to waste time in the door. The pilot is aware of the winds and for smaller groups their advice usually works. Be considerate of those behind you.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

>The pilot is aware of the winds and for smaller groups their advice
> usually works. Be considerate of those behind you.

I worry that there are less experienced jumpers who are not yet willing to stand up for themselves, and thus will allow themselves to be hustled out the door too quickly. Several times at Rantoul I had to basically give the people screaming at me the finger because we needed five seconds. After one such incident a woman who worked for Fayard talked to me about it.

"You really have to get out more quickly; you hosed the groups at the end when you took like thirty seconds."

"Well, I'm not willing to take my group out without enough separation. We ended up giving six seconds between a 12 way and my 6-way, and that's about right."

"No way, I was on that plane and it was like 30 seconds."

"Wanna see the video?" She looked at me for a second and just walked away. I worry that a new jumper would hear such a speech and next time give two seconds, just to avoid getting yelled at.

The Finger!!!!!!!!

That's my favorite exit on a CASA fun jump. A few long steps through a knee up and flip over backwards on your head as ya give the Bird to the camera man following you. I am immortalized in at least 4 tandem videos from our last CASA boogieB|

A good loader will be very helpful as the CSS pilots like to land load n go. Watch for overloading, it's easy to miss count heads when there are 30+ in various seating positions and locations.

BTW where is the Boogie?? Wouldn't by any chance by Skydive Monroe would it?

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

I'll be at Monroe....WAHOO. Let's just hope this one keeps it's props to itself!!!!

Honestly, I love to jump the CASA and agree with the elbow thing for the floaters. It took me twice but I think I have it now (along with the scar).

Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.