wceviper

Going to Denver

Hello everyone, I will be visiting Denver, CO during the second weekend of october. Any Idea what the weather is like that time of year. I am debating on bringing my snowboard. I also want todo some site seeing. If any denver natives could tell me where the fun places are, that would be awesome. I plan on checking out the DZ while I am there. I wont be jumping while I am there, but I want to see the place. I am considering moving out there. Thanks in advance for everyones help!

-Jason
You may push me around, but you cannot win!
You may throw me down, but i'll rise again!

I am not sure how the snow will be, but I highly recommend Winter Park. It is not very far from Denver and is not busy like Vail, Brekenridge or those other resorts.

If you need any ideas, let me know. I've been there vacationing probably about 25 times in my life.

Let me know! :)
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

I'll agree....Winter Park is great. And while in the area look up a place called Beaujo's (think that's how it's spelled) for some awesome pizza. They sell it by the pound! There's one in Idaho Springs down the mountain from Winter Park.
Sassy

Unless we get dumped on, don't bother bringing your snowboard in early-mid October as the ski resorts don't have any snow right now. In fact, unless you're heading up to the high country to do some high altitude hiking, backpacking or mountaineering, wearing shorts and a t-shirt will likely be the order of the day.
Visiting anyone of the mountain communities is always recommended and depending upon what sort of experience you desire and what sort of money you're willing to spend (or not spend) will depend on where you want to go. If you're staying in Denver, then Lo-Do is a must see and Boulder is pretty picturesque as well. The Garden of the Gods down in Colorado Springs (one hour south of Denver) is awesome as well and let's not forget Estes Park (in Rocky Mountain National Park).
Let us know what you're planning on doing while you're down here. That would help in terms of suggesting things to do.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Cool ... I didn't know you were also a rigger. I had you for one of my early AFF lessons (I'm now an "A" License holder). If you're up for it (when my rig finally arrived likely sometime in October from SQ1), I may have a little job for you.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

if your up in denver let me know when, i live in colorado springs...i'll buy ya a beer. just not around the 12th for a week of oct as i'll be making the drive to ohio for my cousin's wedding........