howardwhite

Whadd'ya pay for jumps?

How often do you get a load to go to 20k? I'd do that once every week or two (since I wouldn't spend $36 on very jump)! It'd be cool to have the option.

Harry
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

Yes, and in Uzbekistan it's apparently $2. I will be there in December, and will give feedback when I return.

i was recently talking to a girl who was just there and she said $4..still i almost sprayed my beer..

apparently for the student course, she made like 4 jumps had trouble pulling on the last one, finally openned at at like 300m and it freaked her out enough she quit.

she was describing some deployment system you hit/push with you elbow?!?!? (my russian isnt so good) anyone know about this?? i was thinking ripcord with a front pull but she said no..

$4 for what?

Probably an AN-2 or MI-4 to around 10-12K

Hmmm...well, LAX to Uzbekistan on Aeroflot is $1359. At $15/jump savings, you'd break even on a 90 jump vacation (well, before other expenses). Any other countries with really cheap jumps (preferably one easier to get to)?

Any other countries with really cheap jumps

Not that I know of...everything I have looked into in the Western Hemisphere or Asia is usually MORE expensive than at home. [:/] There's always Canada....:D

Hmmm, well, Kolumna in Russia is $6/jump and it costs about a grand to get there (and on Air France). They have a Mi-8 jumpship too! That would be a pretty worthwhile skydiving trip! But, yeah, there doesn't seem to be any cheap jumps outside of the former Soviet bloc.

Yes, I'm reviving a topic that was beaten to death-is there anywhere in California that gives discounts if you buy a certain number of tickets in advance? Someone mentioned something about Lodi, but I'm kinda leaning towards Perris for an excursion back to the mainland. Otherwise, maybe to Eloy, I have friends in AZ.
Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

we pay $25 + GST ($28.75 CDN, ~$19 USD) for 10500 in our 182. gear rental is $10, which seems cheap from what i've seen mentioned elsewhere. add another $11 for jumpmaster/radio and $4 for a packjob and you get $50 plus tax for a student jump.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001