harro

IT funny

:)
I had asked the client who I was speaking to "Right Click" on the taskbar. Client said that this wasnt working, no menu appears. Hmmm...... I have got the client to "right click" on the desktop, client states that still nothing is happening.
Client has asked me,
" how does writing down click fix my problem "

I had to put her on hold, piss myself laughing, then explained
" right mouse button click " not " Write click "

This is what I have to deal with day in day out
Jumpy Jumpy??

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :D

They never lie when they say they know nothing about computers, I can imagine the windows wallpaper "If you are reading this, is because the computer is on", the screen saver banner "Don't freak!! its a screensaver, move mouse to make it disapear, It's Magic!"

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

You may have already heard about this one. A woman called tech support and said that she was right in the middle of a Word document when it just went away and she couldn't get it back. The tech guy asked her a few questions and determined that her screen was completely dark (off). After a few more questions, he wanted her to check to see if the monitor was still plugged into the computer, thinking the connector may have come loose. She said it was too dark down there and she couldn't see it. He suggested that she turn a light on to help her see. She said, "I can't. The power went off in the building and we have no lights!"

Brisco

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Fortunately it's been over 10 years since I did serious front line tech support. Thank god. I guess I'm getting old. Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with stupid users anymore.

One of my favorites when was I was teaching an "intro to computers" class, and I had one student (an adult, about 40) trying to use the mouse in 3d space, ie Up for Up, Down for Down... I had another student trying to run the mouse accross the computer screen - literally placing the mouse on the screen and clicking. Funny.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I had asked the client who I was speaking to "Right Click" on the taskbar. Client said that this wasnt working, no menu appears. Hmmm...... I have got the client to "right click" on the desktop, client states that still nothing is happening.
Client has asked me,
" how does writing down click fix my problem "

I had to put her on hold, piss myself laughing, then explained
" right mouse button click " not " Write click "

This is what I have to deal with day in day out

Since she was following directions so well, did she write it on the taskbar?

You may have already heard about this one. A woman called tech support and said that she was right in the middle of a Word document when it just went away and she couldn't get it back. The tech guy asked her a few questions and determined that her screen was completely dark (off). After a few more questions, he wanted her to check to see if the monitor was still plugged into the computer, thinking the connector may have come loose. She said it was too dark down there and she couldn't see it. He suggested that she turn a light on to help her see. She said, "I can't. The power went off in the building and we have no lights!"

yeah, the original story claimed the tech support guy told her to "box up the computer and take it back to the store. she asked if it was broken that bad, and he supposedly replied No, you are too stupid to own a computer. """"
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!