SatchFan

Allergies and jumpin'??

arent allergies fun?
i got the whole drippy nose stuff..during freefall ona jump my nose decided to leake at a rapid pace, in wich snots flew up all over my goggles...couldnt read my altimiter or see much of anythign else till i pulled and tore my specs off

aint life grand

If you just got Nasonex yesterday be sure to stay on it even if it seems to not be working. Nasonex can take several weeks to kick in. I've been using it for a couple of years now and the stuff is awesome. I haven't had sinus infections or bronchitis or any of the stuff I used to get. Stick with it!
Sassy;)

i had the same problem at "the" boogie i made 10 jumps and it hurt like hell, ive been taking allegra-d and it was workin so i took things for each individual symptom, mine are really bad though so you might be a little more fortunate then me....be carefull when jumpin with a stuffy nose, like all the way back in your head stuff from what i hear you can blow a sinus cavity that isnt so pleasent

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

I take Clarinex now. I have also used Claritin-D and have had good results. I still have to clear my ears in FF some times, but only on bad weeks.

I have had the nose-run-goggle problem before. "Don't take off your goggles, it just gets into your eyes" Eeeeeewwww.

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Steroid nosesprays are da bomb for allergies! I didn't have time to go to the doctor when my Nasonex prescription ran out, so I found Nasalcromb over the counter at the drug store. I use it every night, and hardly ever get sick anymore. And, the steroid sprays don't have the addictive qualities that regular nose sprays have, so they are safe to take for extended periods.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Only on the beautifulllll east coast are my allergies at their worst....I hear ya! I take Claritan D, and it works just enough but doesnt stuff me up so it wont hurt my ears...
Anything u take, I recommend something that doesnt dry up your sinuses tooooo much, but also something that doesnt make you tired, drowsy, f#@%! up....[:/]

Tylenol cold and sinus.
worked when i was flying with the army too
i took some 2 weeks ago when my ears were stuffed all week 2 hours before i jumped and i was clear..
and dry..i think i sucked down 4 gallons of water/gatorade, because the stuff will really dry you out..

I know what you mean with the ear problems . I don't have allergies but I had a bad ear infection years ago and that seems to make my ears sort of a problem that I deal with . I live in the mountains so when I'm driving down , the change in elevation ( 5000 feet ) I can gauge how my ears might be before I get to the dz . I usually take a few sudafeds before I jump . I also chew gum in the plane and on the way down( chomping away ) in freefall . Staying hydrated is important too . I've had times where I'll just do hop n pops because my ears were a little clogged up to go to full elevation . I've heard of people getting ruptured eardrums before when their ears won't equalize . I wouldn't jump if my ears were in pain . I've tried nose sprays before for jumping but the sudafed and the gum work great . See you up there !