Magistr8

How cold does it get where you live?

Hehe, some of these avatar pictures get a little like passport photos, allright at the time, but ultimately regrettable..;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

It gets colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra in Chicago. The coldest day I remember was when the temperature was -26 F and the wind chill factor was -82 F. Wind chills below zero are commonplace. There's a theory I heard once about how the city of Chicago got started...a bunch of guys from New York got together and said "You know, we really like the crime and poverty around here but it's just not cold enough....let's go west."
Hackey

Last winter my old flatmate 'free at last' did a jump here in the UK and he reckoned that it was -40 at altitude. Pretty cold.

:S

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"Everytime anyone saw you, you were drinking beer!"

hehe, thats the power of subliminal advertising at work!
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

In Georgia...you just never know. Winter depends on what day it is. It could be 25F and snowing one day and sunny and 60F the next. We usually get a fair amount of warm enough days through the winter. No need to get uncurrent. I remember last years Free Flight Festival was the first weekend in November. It was cool at night. Maybe 55F or so and sunny in the upp 70's during the day. Absolutely perfect weather. Let's hope we get a repeat this year.

cold !!!! Wazzat?????

I live in Africa.
Bwhahahahahahahaha.
Hee hee hee hee hee hee.
SUCKERS!!!!!!
Nyuck Nyuck
Snigger.
Giggle
Titter
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry guys...I cannot help myself.
Around here 45F is considered cold.....very cold.
In summer...we jump
In autumn....we jump
In winter.......we jump
In spring..............get the picture.:P:P:P:ph34r:

Welcome to South Africa where the beer is cheap, the women are beautiful and every day is Boogie day.

well, normally I'd be pulling out all the warm stuff and piling into sweats and out of tevas. But you know what? Right now it's 77*F here in College Park and I am loving it!:):D:ph34r:

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

So do you stay open through the winter, at least on weekends? The Vernon dz will be closing in November, someone must stay open... (she says hopefull)

As long as weather is fine and enough jumpers to fill a load we fly in Abbotsford (cessna 182/180/206)
The porter flys with load of 10.

Smiles.
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I live in the west side of Michigan and it gets pretty cold. I reaaally enjoy that lake effect snow we seem to get constantly. It gets it the negs F. A lot. Winter sucks. I used to at least be able to tolerate it for a month (before skydiving). Now, even fall (used to be my favorite season) is pissing me off. Jumping round these parts is getting quite chilly, but still worth it.;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

I live on top of a mountain in Western Massachusetts, so I get both extremes. Winter can be brutal and the wind fierce. I have seen wind chills of 70 below. I have also seen over 120 inches of snow in one winter. But on the flip side, we have had many days over 90 this year. The autumn so far has been fairly warm to hot. It all depends on whether our jetstream comes from Canada or the ocean.

Completed my CSPA B CoP requirements at Gimli Manitoba this weekend :)
It was -15 celcuis (+/- 5 deg. fht) at 9,000. I must have had a Brain Freeze because then I went up again for my 100th of the season B|. If we'd had a NOTAM for night jumps ... ... ... naaah, we were getting thirsty. Yes, I bought the beer.

the Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)