outofit

what is your opinion on iraq?

Maybe you are too far removed from the situation and are desensitized.

My friend has spent countless hours in the wtc, and in fact his sister had an appointment in one of the towers at 2 pm that afternoon.

I just think your government is diverting your attention from other issues of importance.

Get a grip dude. Do you know, or do you think you know?! Are you a mind reader?

Your opinion of my opinion is not really an opinion....

...and that's my opinion!

And how might you be helping out YOUR economy?

...the issue is not new and has been posted before. You will find, that many of our dz.com friends just want to do it the messy way...

I do agree with you, that for what ever reason (like the ones you mentioned) there is a major interest in shifting the attention of the common folks over to the new slogan of "WAR AGAINST TERRORISM". Give the people something they can focus on and make a virtual picture of a new enemy. That way you can divert them from issues, that you don't have a clue on how to solve...e.g. economy and accounting rules:ph34r:

anyway, don't waste to much time with this issue because mhm - well go back and read the old posts about the same and you'll find out what I mean.

...if it's not red white and blue...

how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

>>You've gow WAYYYYY more Americans dieing at the hands of other
>> Ameicans in shootings than at the hands of terrorists ... what's the
>> leadership doing about that?

>Tell that to the thousands of civilians who lost their lives 9/11/01.

While I understand your point, I honestly don't think that a mother who loses her children to a drive-by shooting will think "Hey, that's OK - it wasn't a terrorist act!" Any violent death is a tragedy; any victim has a family and friends. 3000 people died very tragic deaths on 9/11/01; 15,000 americans died just as tragic deaths in 2001 when they were shot by other americans. It's easy to go after Bin Laden and Al Quaeda because they were a well-defined target, and were quickly identified as the responsible party. It's a lot harder to go after the people who killed the 15,000 americans last year, but just as important. No violent death is OK.

Bill, we have some common ground, but I believe that we have police battling crime. Or at least trying to. What if they didn't react to a crime? And it is perceived that they are doing all they can to stop "senseless" violence. We are striving in the right direction, but that's another topic.

My friend has spent countless hours in the wtc, and in fact his sister had an appointment in one of the towers at 2 pm that afternoon.

That's fortunate, and I'm glad nothing happened to your friends. I'm in the brokerage industry and we lost a lot of friends. I also had friends in WTC 7, which was evacuated completely before it fell.

>Bill, we have some common ground, but I believe that we have
> police battling crime. Or at least trying to. What if they didn't react
> to a crime? And it is perceived that they are doing all they can to
> stop "senseless" violence.

I think you're right, although it takes way more than just police to fight crime. It takes people willing to not tolerate it, good courts, good public policies and wise planners. No one would question that it's better to prevent crimes to begin with through better schools, anti-drug and drunk driving campaigns, work programs, better security etc than it is to catch criminals after they commit the crimes.

We certainly have to both fight crime and terrorism, and that effort has to come from all levels of government. I hope we don't neglect one for the other.

Since I live near the Hanford Nuclear reservation and the plutonium used to bomb Nagasaki was made there. I say we create more jobs, make some more plutonium and bomb the hell out of the communist bastard :)

CSA #699 Muff #3804

>>bomb the hell out of the communist bastard

>What communist are we talking about?

I thought that too; hard to keep track sometimes. But I think he meant Hussein, who despite not being a communist, has nevertheless taken the top spot on our most-disliked list. Bin Laden has proven too hard to find.

Get a grip dude.

WTF -- someone asked our opinion. That's mine. You have yours. I respect your right to post it, but I have every fu@kin right to share mine.

Do you know, or do you think you know?! Are you a mind reader?

Read it again, Shark. I said "I think" ... what part of that don't you understand???

And how might you be helping out YOUR economy?

I work for a private company, pay taxes, buy products from local business ... how' bout you?

I say, yes, a war for oil! [if necessary, which I don't think it is right now]
parachutes are made from nylon, which is made from....oil (indirectly)
do you enjoy driving? do you enjoy affordable food? affordable clothing, affordable anything?
face it folks, our entire economy (and well being as people) is based on oil. do i advocate that people fight for a viscous (sp?) brownish liquid? no. do I advocate that people fight for a substance, the free flow of which drives our economy, puts food on our table, clothes us, makes jump tickets affordable (well, sorta affordable), etc. etc. Hell yes!
Now, does this war, have anything to do with oil. Doubt it. Nukes? Doubt it. If he get's a nuke, he is gonna wanna hold onto it to make himself more of a player in the middle east. he ain't gonna give it away to crazy terrorists. you think he is gonna spend untold billions of $$ on a bomb or two then give it away? heck no.
Naw, Bush just wants a war. They haven't convinced me of any immediate danger yet....

>no. do I advocate that people fight for a substance, the free flow of which
>drives our economy, puts food on our table, clothes us, makes jump
>tickets affordable (well, sorta affordable), etc. etc. Hell yes!

Jeez, if the choice is conserving oil or sacrificing a few hundred US soldiers and getting us involved with an area that will never be at peace, I vote for conservation. The cost of the Iraq war is estimated at 200 billion; for that money we could get ourselves completely off Middle Eastern oil.

>Now, does this war, have anything to do with oil. Doubt it.

It's almost certainly a secondary consideration. Iraq has the world's second largest reserves of oil, and may soon have the most proven reserves (http://www.arabia.com/business/article/english/0,11827,60043,00.html) It's unlikely that no one in the US government has noticed that.

Sadamm is crazy. What if he trys to nuke us. I mean he does not care if his people die maybe he does not care about himself and would not hesitate to launch some missiles even if he knew in the end he would not win. We have to get him! We can not let him destroy us and a few nukes could change life as we know it.:|

Kiiiiilllllll, KIIILLLL them allll!!!!! Give me a gun!!! I want to kill them all. Women, children, dogs and cats. Give me a flame thrower, I'll burn them to the ground, whole neighbourhoods burning!!! give me had grenades......oh, wait a moment. Who are we talking about?
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Well, by "us", if you mean the continental U.S., don't worry, he has no ICBMs.
yet.
If you mean our allies in the region, well.... I think he knows if he attacks Israel, he can expect a devestating reprisal from... Israel.
I think Saddam DOES care about himself VERY much. He does not appear to be any kind of martyr, just a greedy fu(k. I think we can ALWAYS count on him to do what is best for Saddam.
later

i know this is "against the rules" but i'm posting this after just reading the first few posts on this topic, i really don't have an opinion, except i hope if we do, ol wubya gives us expats a chance to get out first. but anywho, my take on it is you'd be surprised how many americans work/live/travel this region. in my mind that's a good enough reason to let it be. nuff sed! ;)

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

I really worry about being in a nuclear war and I will never forget that movie "The Day After". I was a little girl when I saw it and I ended up sleeping with mom and dad because everytime I heard a airplane go over I thought it was the end;) I really was a strange kid. But I never forgot that movie. scary shit.

, do you want to live for ever? ***
I want to be a little old lady about 80 years old. Sitting around at my DZ and still jumping. Helping the newbies.

I want my little beautiful daughter to grow up and enjoy the same quality of life we all have now in a free country.

I agree, I want my kids to grow and have freedom and a good quality of life. I don't want it to happen at the expense of innocent Iraqi children, no matter how f@$#ed up Saddam is. I think it is too easy to get caught up in protecting ourselves at the cost of others...American lives are not worth more than others me thinks. Now at the risk of an exponential increase in un-popularity, I find it ironic that the only country currently making express threats to another nation is the U.S, under the guise of "pre-emption".
I agree that Saddam is not someone who I would trust with nukes, but if the sole purpose of this possible action is to remove weapons form dangerous leaders then perhaps the pressure needs to be applied more evenly around the globe...say Israel maybe. They may not be a danger to America but I bet some Arabs feel pretty edgy about their nuclear program.
Bring on the flames.

You are right about the Israel issue.
However as a champion of mass destruction I believe in carpet bombings, firestorms in cities, use of napalm, DumDum bullets, Blitzkrieg, massive hellicopter attacks, bombings of churches, (why do churches get special treatment) schools and hospitals, executions of innocent civilians killing of family, neighbours and freinds ans well as all the people on the streeet whose name starts with the same letter as that of the person I at the moment dislike. All that for no apparent reason, just to kill time waiting for the evening show.
Did I mention I have a magic and radiant personality?
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275