SkySlut

Look out for George W!

Check this out...the president came up to New England for the weekend and they restricted all flights. They specifically restricted "parachuting operations" in our area. Our DZ was shut down from friday through sunday. We didnt even know about this until thursday. My liver is still recovering.

I was in NYC when President Clinton came in one day for supper. Imagine shutting down the FDR at rush hour. Saw the same thing in New Orleans when W's daddy came in one night for a dinner at Tulane. The President visiting your town is definitely not a good thing.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

The President visiting your town is definitely not a good thing.

Yip. When I was in primary school in Zimbabwe, we had to line the streets and sing the national anthem whenever ol mugabe came to town >:( we invariably had to stand there for hours waiting for the chop!

Kerry

GW came to Philly right across the street from my office (watched the motorcade outside my window). He was going to the Kimmel Center where the orchestra plays which is surrounded by theatres and music schools. Saw a couple people walking down the sidewalk with instrument cases get grabbed and pulled away by secret service. Do people still carry machine guns in violin cases?

Ah but your president is probably quite well liked.....
Nacmac dons flameproof suit and logs off hastily......

Cya tomorrow for the 'early morning club'..
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Well, believe it or not, there are other DZs within driving distance of Lebanon, ME, and a number of Lebanese spared their livers (somewhat) by going elsewhere. Generically, going to other DZs within reasonable driving distance is a good thing; you meet new people and sometimes even see jumping from an interesting new perspective.

HW