jessefs

Rec Dot

>Aaah, ok, so saying that the majority of rec regulars seem to have a
> big head up a small ass is considered "pointing out a drawback"?

You're right, that's not very politically correct at all! Jesse should have said that some of the r.s posters seem to have slight humility and civility deficiencies.

I, too, lurk but haven't posted for some time.

rec.doc seems to be populated by people who hate USPA for a variety of reasons, mostly currently centered around the Group Member program. If you want to read such opinions, go there.

Of course you will have to wade through the prevailing cracker talk:

"If you kin read this, yur not as big an idiot as you seem."

HW

Rat -- the other dark meat

Thanks for the info skybytch and happythoughts, that was really what I wanted.:)
jesse

Some people even post, read, and enjoy both dz.com and the wreak. I post at both under the same name. I have met a few great people from both places. Peanut was my last instructor (the one who signed off my "A". This is the reason he calls me his baby. I was his first graduate.) I encourage at least lurking over there. There are a few really great people. It would surprise you who those great people were. (for example, Treetop).
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

You should have read rec.martialarts in 1994. Pepople were threateneing to fight each other all the time.

Most of the people on rec.dot have ben there along time. there is a mob mentality when it comes to big arguments and epople take sides. People who have been in the sport a long time vent their frustrations at DZ or other people there.

It is childish, but DZ.com would be close without the moderators.

Sangiro and others have locked several "fuck you too" threads when people started arguning.

I like rec.dot. and I know penut personally hahahahahaa. He is a very nice guyy and likes to start shit...Other people on there are not nice and like to start shit.

when people get on there and act like a jackass or..unfortunately ask a newbie skydiving or internet question, the shit starts. It is unfortunate..but all of the internet was like that befroe nice guys started having www forums.

flame wars were a constant occurance all over the web.

I think it all started with a UC scientist and an MIT scientist arguing about each others internet dissertation 15 years ago. :D:D:D:D

"Revolution is an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.", Ambrose Bierce.