Airhead

How Far Do You Drive To Get To Your Home DZ?

2 hour drive or 45 minute flight. Under class B airspace here, so need to get pretty far out to find skydiving. All in all driving is quicker when you count the drive to the airport, planning, preflight, taxiing, and tieing down at the DZ, but its a hell of a lot funner.

Dave

YIKES!
IF THAT WERE THE CASE, I'D BE GETTING A MOTORBIKE ASAP WITH A SIDE-CAR!
WHICH BY THE WAY, i AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING DOING NEXT YEAR ANYWAYS- AND GAS IN THE US IS AROUND $1.50 US A GALLON, RIGHT NOW COMPARED TO WHATEVER IT IS YOU PAY THERE.

YIKES!

IF THAT WERE THE CASE, I'D BE GETTING A MOTORBIKE ASAP WITH A SIDE-CAR!

WHICH BY THE WAY, i AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING DOING NEXT YEAR ANYWAYS- AND GAS IN THE US IS AROUND $1.50 US A GALLON, RIGHT NOW COMPARED TO WHATEVER IT IS YOU PAY THERE.

Well ... motrorbikes and cars cost TWICE as much here than in U.S... Thats all becouse of the taxes.

5 minutes:) I can watch jumprun from my front yard.

>:(Doesn't matter though. It's closed now.
To add insult to injury, I had to turn down a trip to Pitt because of other commitments. No, I'm not impressed.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I'm only a 15 minute drive to one of my home DZs...but it's also my office job during the week. (I work full-time at this place)
My other home DZ, the one I go to for fun on my days off, is 52 miles one-way. (a 50 minute drive)
As we all would do, I've driven hours upon hours each weekend for a little altitude. Isn't it funny what we'll do for a jump? :)Blue Skies,
Bryan

I'm exactly 85 Miles form doorstep to doorstep. The part that really sucks is out of that 85 miles 80 of them are highway and I don't have cruise control.

Try a brick, good way to get the adrenaline flowing before even getting to the DZ... :)

--
Hook high, flare on time

About 50km one way....an hours drive..sometimes a little less. And a pretty fun hour it is..my dad just got a new car and he insists on taking the racers line on every corner :D Record is about a minute to the pizza place bout a kilometer away :D