mouth

It's beginning to look alot .....

like Christmas. Most everyone in my neighborhood decorates the front of their house every Christmas with pine boughs and bows and tasteful lights. Well, I came home last night and my house was all decorated and lit up. I have the local florist decorate every year so I schedule it a year in advance, and well, I forgot they were coming yesterday. What a shock and surprise when you aren't expecting it. I think my girls and I will start putting up our trees this weekend. I already have my presents ready to slide under the big tree! WAHOO

Anyone else decorated? What do you usually do?

I'm rushing Christmas because that rushes Eloy! (In case you think Christmas...already??)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I just can't bring myself to put up any decorations before Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time is all I can handle. I have bought a couple presents though.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The commercial side of Christmas is beginning to piss me off. I remember the day when I could have my birthday mid October without so much as a hint that Christmas was coming. Now I can't move for all the Christmas advertising, decorations and stuff. Then we have to put up with it for a whole two and a half months before the event.

Bah Humbug !
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I do all my indoor stuff and decorate on the front porch but I have a florist do the windows because my house is two story and I am deathly afraid of heights. (remember I'm the one who got scared in the tunnel:S). Trust me there is plenty to do in the house as I have 4 trees this year, a village, a nativity scene, and several other things going on in there.

--
Hot Mama

Agreed Gerb! .... I haven't even thought about who is getting what for Christmas ...:P I'll be the one charging through the mall at full tilt on Xmas eve ...
Fortunately this year, I haven't been subjected to endless carols .... yet!

As for decorations, I don't bother, I'm never at home anyway ....

Kerry

Kerry,

You HAVE to have a Christmas tree. I have found that by decorating and doing lots of stuff around Christmas helps me deal with some sad things that happened around that time.

--
Hot Mama

Naaah .... I find it hard to get excited about the whole thing. My mom will probably pull a tree out of the bush (like she normally does - can't remember when last we had a traditional xmas tree), so I'll help decorate that.

Now birthdays on the other hand .... I go all out for those ...B|

Kerry

My 8 yr old has been asking for a month to put the tree up in her room. Unfortunately she has asked for a Harry Potter dragon that talks but I can't find it. Sometimes I really hate this stupid small town.

--
Hot Mama

I hate the holidays.......

I just hate the busy stores. If i wanna go in and buy shampoo, i'm in live forever. Luckily i don't have to buy presents for that many people. Just my 2 adorable nephews, my kitty, and my special skyboy.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

They have 3 ft trees with all homemade ornaments. We make a point of spending a day each year making ornaments and putting the dates on them. This year it is gingerbread ornaments. I have stars, gingerbread boys, candycanes, and hearts to cut them out. Last year we made mice out of hershey kisses...they were so cute.

--
Hot Mama

I just can't bring myself to put up any decorations before Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time is all I can handle. I have bought a couple presents though.

I agree with you there totally Andrea.

The day after Thanksgiving.....out comes the tree, the lights, all the trimmings....sign....

The Christmas shopping though, that gets started about June....
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Blah Blah Blah - The Holidays still suck.......

No, Sabazz sucks.

The holidays are a wonderful time to reflect on just how lucky we are, among other things.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1