outofit

burnout?

I went right on through burnt out and on into don't give a damn any more. Of course, I'm 22 and I work in retail where I deal with lots of dumbasses every day, not to mention that in a month or so I'll be in the Navy so I'll get to be burnt out on a whole new sort of life. The again, maybe not, cause they're gonna make me be a rigger for themB|B|

Truman Sparks for President

Have to say that I fall into the "don't give a damn anymore" category. Somehow, my boss has let our little office become some kind of boy's club >:( so I'm just playing their little game. When they stopped sending me to schools and kept forcing me to be the little "admin bitch" I started acting like it. Can't say that I'm proud of it but I'm hoping it will turn around again. I still work really hard but just for my own self-respect. :|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

the only reason i work, is they give me green pieces of paper for doing so, which i use to get pink pieces of paper that i can trade for altitude...

everytime i talk about quiting and moving to the DZ i get talked out of it by everyone that already lives at the DZ..

i dont think they like me ;)

Mine has taken the last 8 years of my life. Yes, I'm in the burnout zone. Funny thing is, it doesn't matter which field, it seems there is always folks who get burned out. Even at the dz, I hear bitchin and moaning. But, if you have to deal with it daily, I guess it becomes important and/or annoying.

All I know is this, following your passion is where it's at. If it's not something you enjoy, it's time to move on. Life is short, with spending 40 hours or more a week at a job, you sure better enjoy it. That's so much of your life. I'm in the stage of planning to jump ship from my field altogether.

Yes, burnt out after 3 months as a high school teacher. Of course, there are days like today where my little freshmen are so well behaved it's pleasant and gives me means to carry on.....otherwise, I'm just counting the 13 more work days until Christmas vacation!!!! :P

And I'd 'cutaway' from this life, but of course it pays the skydiving bills and until I get my AFF and Tandem ratings......

We were never feeling bored because we were never being boring.
-Zelda Fitzgerald

I am definately in burn-out mode, especially since I have been sick. I am a high school math teacher, and my school has been completely unsupportive during my illness. I get harassed by my administrator just about daily (I got a nasty e-mail from him the DAY I got out of the hospital...>:()

I love what I do...if I could just be in the class room with my little freshmen and not have to deal with all the politics and all the stupid hoops I have to jump through.

I do give thought to how else I could have an impact on the lives of children.....

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!