Michele

Wings for Olivia

Olivia...

I know you died yesterday. I know it was your time to leave. You were suffering so badly that I wanted you to die, isn't that awful? And I feel really guilty about that. But also glad God took you home again.

I know I told you last time I saw you, and again in the email last week, but you are really special to me. You were one of the few people at my office who thought that me being a skydiver was a great idea. As you got sicker, you would always say you had to come fly with me, even just once. You would design jumpsuits for me, make them all sexy and totally not functional, but you drew them for me nonetheless. I kept the sketches, did you know that? I'll keep them a little while longer, o.k.?

You always had a smile, even when you went bald. You would sneak up on me, grab my hair, and stick it over your head, and tell me "share, Michele. No fair you have all the hair". I remember going with you to buy hats. You carried them off so perfectly, your little face under a wide brim, grinning...platinum blond wig atop your piquant chinese face.

You were never beaten, Olivia. You never gave in, and you never gave up. Sure, there were times we'd talk about what comes next...but you always made sure I knew you'd be fine. Even when we finally faced the truth that you wouldn't be fine here, we'd talk about angels' wings, and what kind you'd get. I always said you'd have tiny little wings to go with your pixie style - you, though, you always maintained you'd have the biggest, fluffiest whitest wings to be had. You told me God promised you that you could fly in heaven, 'cause your doctors here wouldn't let you fly with me.

Love ya, 'Livy. Thank you for being my friend. I will always miss you, and carry with me the gift of yourself that you gave me. You got your wings, Olivia. You have the brightest, biggest, fluffiest whitest wings around. You are the Wing Queen. And when I'm in the sky, don't hesitate to whisk your wings across my heart...and smile along with me.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Michele,
My heart goes out to you and Olivia's family and friends. I have been there more times than I want to remember, but reading this post makes me feel so much better. Olivia was blessed to have you for a friend and I'm sure you were blessed to have known Olivia. You write from the heart. I will think of this story....always.

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Your tribute to Olivia is absolutely wonderful and a tear jerker. My prayers go out to you and her family.

Blue skies Olivia. We'll all have the opportunity to fly with you now.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Yeah, damn Michele!

This is the third post of yours this week that got me!

(Of course, Animal Planet last night almost made me cry too!-- guess its the season or something.....)

I'm sorry for you loss. Sounds like she was a wonderful friend! Hopefully she's looking down somewhere on us and smiling at you beautiful tribute.....

hugs and blue ones.......

maura

Congratulations on knowing and being so close to someone who was so obviously amazing. It sucks how life isn't always the nice disney thing maybe it ought to be, but then again, maybe the whole point is to take the pain and make it into something beautiful. If so, you've done a marvelous job of doing just that.

Truman Sparks for President

Michele

You are a class act, and while I know neither you or Olivia - I am sure she was lucky to have a buddy like you. You and the family have our sympathy for your loss.

Blue Ones.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."