kallend

Which states are strict on speed limits?

I shall be driving from Chicago to Florida later this month.
In which states do I need to worry about speeding? In Illinois they don't seem to have any interest in enforcing speed limits on the interstates, but I'm sure that isn't universally true.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You probably don't have to worry about the east coast much...NH is notorious for pulling people over and seeking out DUI's...(but you don't have to worry about that one;))...watch out on the NJ turnpike if you are going through there, they are unrelenting. Thats my 2 cents.

Last time I was through VA, the Staties were driving silver or grey 5.0 Mustang LXs !

Watch your shit if your coming through PA. We've got the among the highest fines in the country, and our troopers like to enforce them. Radar/Laser detectors are still legal, though. (as far as I know...)

F.Y.I.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

Why are you all giving him advice on the speed limit in NJ? If he ends up on the Jersey Turnpike on his trip from CHICAGO to FLORIDA, he probably has a bigger problem to worry about.:S

well..er..er....a-hem..er...in case he gets lost you know :P:P:P

Well lets see, Chi-town to florida... Your best route is any way you can get out of that hellhole over to I-90 or I-80/94 then over to I-65 southbound, I-24 east, I-75 south take the I-285 loop around the west side of Atlanta (try real hard to stay away from it during rushhour's or lunchhour) stay on I-75 on down to Sunny Florida.

So that'll take you through,
Illinois
Indiana
Tennessee
Alabama (couple of miles)
Georgia
Florida
Now, none of these states are really "Bad" just keep it within 10 mph of the limit or if you can get in a pack (more than 3 cars) stay in the middle and hit the afterburner;). Note, do not be the leader or tailend charlie those are the ones most likely to get picked offB|! Even better than a radar detector is the CB radio, us truckers only get tickets when we are not listening to the CB, you can know where the bears are, what traffic is like, best detours around wrecks, road conditions and ect...

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Why are you all giving him advice on the speed limit in NJ? If he ends up on the Jersey Turnpike on his trip from CHICAGO to FLORIDA, he probably has a bigger problem to worry about.:S

well..er..er....a-hem..er...in case he gets lost you know :P:P:P

Thanks, that's very considerate of you.:)

Anyone have info about Kentucky, Tennessee or Georgia state troopers' behavior? (That is, besides the fact that when they divorce, their ex is still their sister)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So that'll take you through,
Illinois
Indiana
Tennessee
Alabama (couple of miles)
Georgia
Florida

Good job Chile.

Now folks, nowhere on this list do we see Rhode Island, New Jersey, Virginia, Pennsylvania or South Carolina. This is a professor we are dealing with. Stick to the topic.:P

On I-65 in IN, don't speed from Rensselaer through Remington or around Merrillville. Everywhere else in IN, you're good to go, especially if you stay under 15 mph (they get alot less money if it's 15 or under.)

Wearing shiny Mardi Gras beads also distracts the Indiana cops if they pull you over....try that as well.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Wearing shiny Mardi Gras beads also distracts the Indiana cops if they pull you over....try that as well.

Only when their hanging between Val's... Uuuhh never mind, i think we know how Val gets out of her tickets:P:).

Putarubia, hows life treating you my little bastard child? I've seen pics of you at Hinckley, looks like your right at home. I'll see you either at Mardi Gras or in Il if i get thru there.
Still stalking;)LOL.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Putarubia, hows life treating you my little bastard child? I've seen pics of you at Hinckley, looks like your right at home. I'll see you either at Mardi Gras or in Il if i get thru there.

Just don't speed and get a ticket if you drive up this way :D
But I am good...looking forward to FL warmth as well....So, report back to where you saw cops, Kallend.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

As long as you stay 10-12 over in GA they don't seem to mess with you much. I agree traveling in packs seems to help. Call me if you get caught in GA and I can probably get you out if it is a state trooper. Sometimes it isn't what you know, but who you know!!

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Take it from a professional in the field, stay between 6-10 over and you SHOULD be okay. If the limit is 70, try to stay within 5 over. It's in our policy, we normally don't write until 10 over unless we are having problems (i.e. accidents, consistant vehicle vs. pedestrian B|etc.) but I work in the city.
Hope that helps.
Blue Skies

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"