steve1

I'm in deep shit, what should I do?

Exactly. I cannot believe that when weighed against the balance of your relationship, she isn't willing to simply overlook this. A minor detail compared to the years of selfless support and care that you have given to her. :o You can quote me. ;)

What would she rather have? A dirty tub and a wonderful dog-cleaning hubby who does chores and cleans? Or a clean tub? I rest my case. It would be shallow for this to even matter. :ph34r: Apparently, your side of the relationship is on a much deeper plane. In fact, show her this thread. She will immediately realize how great you are by comparison to selfish persons such as myself who never wash dogs. B|

I think this calls for some WORLD CLASS GROVELING. Flowers help....tell her how beautiful she is...clean the house....basically kiss her ass for about a week and it should blow over. :D She'll forgive you eventually...remember, she loves you because you are a knuckle head sometimes. B|

see how sweet he can be;)

...or how full of BS he can be... ;)

never, under any circumstances, give that dog a bath again.

But then he'll smell like sh*t! (The dog I mean;)) I don't see the big deal here.

Steve, If it's just a mess, clean it up and don't justify the bitchin with responses other than "It's clean now... And so is the dog."

Nick

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I don't see the big deal here

That's cause you're not a woman that had your castle defiled by a Non thinking insensitve cave man. :D You have to be able to see it from the bit....I mean woman's point of view. ;)

That's where the nice guys always get in trouble. Trying to be nice. Giving a dog a bath is just an example of how that works. I am totally worthless, so I am never accused of doing anything. ;) That's how I keep the peace. (for the good of the relationship. :ph34r: )

Oh jeez...just clean up the tub, chlorine, filters, etc., make sure your old bro isn't shedding anymore, and tell your other half that you'll use the bathtub next time if it's cold, and ask forgiveness. If she keeps hanging over you for weeks to come, advise her to get over it, and then suggest that she write Ann Landers...er...wait, didn't Landers die this year?
;)

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Didn't thought it through, huh? LOL! Just clean it up and tell her that it won't happen again (the dog in the jacuzzi - I mean).

~Chivo

I still can't believe she bought the "brunette hair in the Jacuzzi was the dog" story. :ph34r: Steve is the master.

"...uhhh...and after I bathed the dog, he got up on the bed and I dried him off..." :)

Steve, [shaking head back and forth]

You dodo head... You best appologize for washing your dog in the jacuzzi! It's a dog for goodness sake. Just hose the thing off and dry him quickly even if it is winter. It is an animal! Or a bath tub or shower, but the jacuzzi? Silly.

Anyway I would stay home and appologize. Something about wine and candle light should do the trick...B|

Good Luck Steve!

I have a Jacuzzi TUB too. Folks this means this is your main bathtub/shower, so unless you happen to have a second full tub in another bathroom somewhere this is where you do your main bathing. My dog 'Free Fall' gets bathed in the Jacuzzi about every 3 months. It is easy to clean up after him (which I do) and if anyone in the family complains about it, I tell them, 'why do you bitch about him taking a bath there once every three months? You take a bath there everyday, and he NEVER complains about you"
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Something about wine and candle light should do the trick...

Or just smack her around for a half hour. It really depends on the relationship. :D

I was going to suggest going to a really loud bar. If complains, say "It reminds me of the 'old days' when we first started dating". Play the romance angle. :) Plus if she keeps complaining, you can't hear her. ;)

Next, go for tequila shots. Eventually, nothing will matter and you can boink her later. B|

If she says that you are sleeping in the dog house with the dog, point out that it is an improvement because at least HE has had a bath recently. :D

I say: grow a pair and explain who is the boss around the house.Tell her to get in there and clean up the mess.Then when she is done show her the kitchen and ask her if she dosnt have some baking to do.After getting you your fourth beer of course.

This from a guy who admits on another thread that his ex-wife assembles her own sanitary products from cotton balls and paper :)
You guys seem to be very well matched.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This from a guy who admits on another thread that his wife assembles her own sanitary products from cotton balls and paper :)
You guys seem to be very well matched.

Hey, if Dr. Ruth can give advice on sex, why can't a divorced guy give advice on relationships? I can certainly identify all the mistakes. :D

Obviously this is a serious problem and may lead to conflict. Let's face it. He gave the dog a bath. :o This could lead to divorce proceedings. People can be edgy on an empty stomach. Maybe if she fixed him a nice sandwich, they could talk about it more rationally. :ph34r:

I finally figured out what the real source of the problem is. Yes, the mystery is solved. It's the wrong time of the month!! I just got the news. I guess I should have known. The signs were all there: extreme grumpiness over the littlest things, a lot of frowning, tremendous mood swings, etc. Why is it that women can't be nice all the time like us men folk. Steve1