Chivo

Chopper Jumps!

Two of them and they kicked azz! Three of my skydiving friends and myself got together in Elsinore yesterday. Yep, it was our load... the four of us in the helicopter. Jeanne was on the step while David, Pier and I hung from it. WOW! I loved it! Just wished it could've been @ 13k. Now I can't wait to do a balloon jump!

Later,
Chivo

Skydiverbrian, kevin922 and I all did one on Saturday in Sebastian. We loved it too! Kevin said he'd upload the video after he returned home from his trip to FL. And, by a stroke of luck, I appear on the video the most! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I was on Halo #10 and #14, I think. What hot german chicks??? Damn! I must've missed them!

Note to self: Get your ass early to the dz and keep an eye out for hot chicks.

~Chivo

yep, guess you missed Brittany.... she had a 5 way german load on #7.

It was a Eurocopter AS350B A-Star. We got 4.9 in a hover, depending on the uppers... Launched a 2 way with grasshopper, his 2nd helo jump of the day. Yep, it was well worth the 40 bones. I jumped a Jet Ranger earlier in the year and that was $45, and we launched a 4 way from 2800 and we were hovering in the base of the clouds.:o

On January 4th and 5th Atlanta Skydiving Center is supposed to be a having a helicopter in for jumps...dont know the full details cause Ben had to get off the phone but he said jumps would be between 38 and 40$ a jump....sounds like a plan to me but Ill get details and post it up before that weekend.
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Was that the Hollywood stunt pilot I've heard of

That's Rod Tinney.(SP?) He has flown every year since the beginning of time at WFFC. Best chopper ride you'll get as a civilian and pretty close to anything I have ever done in the military. I guess he used to be a test pilot fo Bell before he went into business for himself. The Bell 412 is certainly a staple of the WFFC and I hope he returns for MANY years to come.

I'm thinking about traveling to GA this weekend for the helo jumps however, I read the reviews on the DZ and they got slammed pretty good by several people. I'm no student, but the bad vibes have me concerned. Can anyone shed any light on this, do they treat experienced jumpers from out of town well? It's a long drive and I don't want to travel all that way and find out the DZ sucks! I can't control the weather, but I can control where I spend my hard earned bucks!

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Can anyone shed any light on this

I'll be as impartial as I can......If you are an experienced jumper, with your own gear, travelling there for a special event with friends, and can take care of yourself......you'll be fine. I'm sure you will have fun. There are SOME right nice people I know that jump there. I refuse to go there because of their business and personal ethics. The almighty $ comes #1 there, with little regard to anything else. That's about as fair and unbiased as I can be.

Id still have to agree with clay. They do hold the $ at higher regards than anything else and its true that if you dont have your own gear you may as well hang it up. But I went once and there are some good people there just like you find at every DZ and there are some that are real dicks but youll find that anywhere you go. But anyhow Im off to bed.
- GQ

... it was the love of the air and sky and flying, the lure of adventure, the appreciation of beauty ...
-Charles Lindberg

Skydiverbrian, kevin922 and I all did one on Saturday in Sebastian. We loved it too! Kevin said he'd upload the video after he returned home from his trip to FL. And, by a stroke of luck, I appear on the video the most!

Yes! It's true! Skymama made her FIRST trip to Sebastian and made her FIRST helicopter jump on the FIRST jump of the day.

We're all still waiting for our beer!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal