bodypilot90

Peace march had it all wrong, why not potest Iraq?

>why did I not see a single sign demanding Iraq abide by the UN agreement?

You missed a few signs, then. I saw half a dozen that said "enforce inspections, don't drop bombs", "disarm iraqis, don't dismember them" etc. at the march in San Diego.

>any ideas on how to do that, enforce inspections w/o combat?

Ten times the number of inspectors, with helicopters and UN troops there to support them. A more direct link from foreign intelligence to the UN inspectors.

>I know they were not your signs Bill. What did your sign say????

I didn't have one; I found out about it too late to think up a good one. I liked the "who would Jesus bomb?" one. My favorite one was just a picture of the earth from space; just one planet with no national borders visible.

You missed a few signs, then.  I saw half a dozen that said "enforce inspections, don't drop bombs", "disarm iraqis, don't dismember them" etc. at the march in San Diego.***

I gathered by your previous comment on this issue that there were more than half a dozen signs of this type. Why do you think there is such an overwhelming majority of people who protest against a war with Iraq and so few who see an equally large component of a peaceful solution being Iraqi compliance with 1441?

Lets face it we live in a f*cked up country. We drive vehicles that help to destroy our environment. We plan for the future(in 20 years this won't matter), but constantly dwell on the past(I remember when this cost a dime). Our prisons are full and our courts are swamped. We eat fast food that speeds us toward our graves but our life expectancies have grown. We pay Athletes insane money but pay the teachers of our children very little. Child care costs so much that parents that want to work can't afford to work. And we have social programs that let parents that don't want to work sponge off the system and stay home. The nightly news features corruption and mayhem and death because it gets better ratings than the stories of heroism and bravery. We complain about the police until we need to dial 911. We are used to computers that crash and airplanes that don't. Home shopping networks are broadcast and are actually successful.

Wow is our country screwed up... But... Would I live anywhere else..... NO WAY. It isn't perfect, its not even close, but it is OUR country. We have the right to complain, to bitch, and to voice our opinion, we can attend marches and if we are really disgruntled, we can replace the official we don't like by casting our ballot against that person. But in the end, when it is time to support our ELECTED government, either stand up and support it or GET OUT!

Sorry this is a rant, but I was just told by a customer that we are trying to destroy his business because we sent him to collections based on his nationality. When it was the fact that he was way behind on his payments and I have no clue what his nationality is?

>I gathered by your previous comment on this issue that there were
> more than half a dozen signs of this type. Why do you think there is
> such an overwhelming majority of people who protest against a war
> with Iraq and so few who see an equally large component of a
> peaceful solution being Iraqi compliance with 1441?

Because you can only fit so many words on a sign. The majority want Iraqi compliance with 1441. Every protester I talked to thought Hussein was a bad guy and must disarm; they just disagree that war is the best way to make that happen.

I'm sure that a great many of them believed in freedom for women all over the world, but a lack of signs saying "free the women of Nepal" does not equate to them being against free women in Nepal.

Because you can only fit so many words on a sign. The majority want Iraqi compliance with 1441. Every protester I talked to thought Hussein was a bad guy and must disarm; they just disagree that war is the best way to make that happen.

I'm sure that a great many of them believed in freedom for women all over the world, but a lack of signs saying "free the women of Nepal" does not equate to them being against free women in Nepal.

I think a more honest evaluation would be that it was really about American dominance in the world rather than "it wouldn't fit on a sign". A sign that said

Saddam Disarm
NOW
For Peace

would fit on most signs I saw.

But in the end, when it is time to support our ELECTED government, either stand up and support it or GET OUT!

Better yet, VOTE. It's unreal - how few people actually turn out and vote in American elections. Fifty million people elected George Bush to run this country. That's out of how many voting age citizens???

---
www.facebook.com/mandyhamptonfitch

Every protester I talked to thought Hussein was a bad guy and must disarm; they just disagree that war is the best way to make that happen.

Bill, you talked to thses people, how did they suggest that Hussein be disarmed?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Ten times the number of inspectors, with helicopters and UN troops there to support them. A more direct link from foreign intelligence to the UN inspectors.

All of these ideas have been presented and nixed by Saddam. Foreign intell = spies to Saddam, UN troops = invasion. He is not going to let the resolutions be enforced. The only thing he understands is force.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

We dont have to support anyone just because they were elected as our Gov.Woul you support someone like Adolf Hitler?Sorry if that sounded harsh but I think our country is about freedom.I think the opinions of the american population,and the world itself,matter more than a handful of politicans who basically dont care what we think....
As for the beginning of your post,I agree 100%
Peace>>>>>>Jay

Hey Bill... I found pictures of a few protesters who were able to "squeeze........." their message on a sign.
Why do you think so many of the "Peace Marchers" had a problem doing this? Perhaps it's difficult when you are only allowed to play with crayons?:o

Saddam1.jpg

Must1.jpg

Disarm.jpg

why did I not see a single sign demanding Iraq abide by the UN agreement?

One of the many reasons I believe is because alot of the marchers are rebellious kids desiring something to protest. They don't care what it is about. You know like a teenager rebelling against his parents/teachers or anyone important. It's just a stage for most.

Others are marching because they are not getting their way about something or many things and they march just to show disapproval even if what they are mad about has nothing to do with war. People are strange that way.

Others are there just to be part of the large happening and find it exciting and really have no clue at all on what it's all about.

Some people are there because they don't think the Iragi peoples freedom is worth the high price of war even though war and people dying in the fight for freedom is the very reason they have the right to march.

I wonder how many protesters while marching thought to themselves "WOW by marching here I am protecting a vicious dictator that killed more people than are marching here" or noticed a cute little girl with flowers in her hair riding on the shoulders of her daddy a fellow marcher and thought "Me being here is protecting Uday the son of the dictator that would rape that little girl right after cutting daddy's throat"..

Some are just scared.

What I'm saying is there is alot of different reasons all those people were there marching. My personal opinion is that none of them gave it very much deep thought.

------Have a good one!--------

>Why do you think so many of the "Peace Marchers" had a problem
> doing this? Perhaps it's difficult when you are only allowed to play
> with crayons?

That's really the best you can do? A discussion over whether to go to war and kill hundreds of thousands, and you can do no better than grade school insults?

Your opinion is welcome here, but the above post did nothing to further the discussion or express your opinion.

>One of the many reasons I believe is because alot of the marchers
> are rebellious kids desiring something to protest.

In San Diego at least, half were over 30.

>What I'm saying is there is alot of different reasons all those people
> were there marching. My personal opinion is that none of them gave
> it very much deep thought.

If you had heard them speak about it I think you would change your mind. A veteran spoke of his experiences fighting for the US, and about how horrible war is, and that the current situation does not warrant it yet. I have a feeling he's given more thought to it than most posters on this board have. Another woman spoke about how her family will die if Baghdad is bombed - I think she's also given the war a lot of thought.

>or noticed a cute little girl with flowers in her hair riding on the
> shoulders of her daddy a fellow marcher and thought "Me being
> here is protecting Uday the son of the dictator that would rape that
> little girl right after cutting daddy's throat"..

Actually, at one point I considered that if we could stop the war, we might also stop the retaliatory terrorism that might just kill that cute little girl with flowers in her hair. And we will almost certainly save the life of another marcher's family.

>Bill, you talked to thses people, how did they suggest that Hussein
>be disarmed?

I didn't talk to many people about that, but I overheard a few conversations. They generally supported strengthened inspections, quoting Hans Blix who said that inspections are making headway towards disarmament of Iraq.

>Why do you think so many of the "Peace Marchers" had a problem
> doing this? Perhaps it's difficult when you are only allowed to play
> with crayons?

That's really the best you can do? A discussion over whether to go to war and kill hundreds of thousands, and you can do no better than grade school insults?

Your opinion is welcome here, but the above post did nothing to further the discussion or express your opinion.

Neither did your reasoning that the protester weren't able to fit anti-Saddam tags on their signs.

Because you can only fit so many words on a sign.

and:

I'm sure that a great many of them believed in freedom for women all over the world, but a lack of signs saying "free the women of Nepal" does not equate to them being against free women in Nepal

One might also ask if thats the best you can do.

Every protester I talked to thought Hussein was a bad guy and must disarm; they just disagree that war is the best way to make that happen.

Bill, you talked to thses people, how did they suggest that Hussein be disarmed?

-
Jim

I say just use a macette....

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

If you had heard them speak about it I think you would change your mind. A veteran spoke of his experiences fighting for the US, and about how horrible war is, and that the current situation does not warrant it yet. I have a feeling he's given more thought to it than most posters on this board have.

I agree with you here. War is terrible; terrorism is terrible. War veterans that I know from the last war are aviators, so their perspective is a little different than a ground pounder. By waiting, it may already be too late.

Another woman spoke about how her family will die if Baghdad is bombed - I think she's also given the war a lot of thought.

Do we know for certain that all of Baghdad will be bombed? Likely, but not certain. Every effort is made to avoid collateral damage and this time much of the infrastructure "should" be untargeted. You need to consider other scenarios. Then again, that's another topic to be debated.

War protaganist are just as irritating, but when the peace demonstrators are rioting for peace and distructing property is appalling.