propblast

aircraft question for the nite

I'm envious of you guys with access to DC-3 s, I've never jumped one.
The oldest airplane I've jumped I'm guessing, would be an AN2, just like the ones noted above. But I've been in a few Cessnas of dubious vintage..

As a general rule of thumb, I like to have a parachute that is younger than the aircraft I am leaving.....:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

"1953 Cessna 195 with a P&W 985 = 450hp"
------------------------------------------------

Wow, that thing is cooooooool ! How many jumpers fit in there? I'd love to jump a radial.

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

It holds 6, five jumpers and a pilot. We take it to 12,500 agl in about 12-20 minutes depending on how hot it is and the size of the jumpers. I have put 6 skydivers in it once or twice, but they were all small. Also, we've gone to 14,500 and flew a formation load with the King Air a couple of times.

I'm envious of you guys with access to DC-3 s, I've never jumped one.

Come to Eloy Az for easter. Larry has a DC-3 (tip don't volunteer for front float if you have a white or new jumpsuit.)

Hmmm Oldest, Many 182- a few 172- beech 18- DC3 Douglass C47, and Tray's Chuck wagon C185.

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...