SkyBaad

Daschle, I swear on my life

[Strong Bad Voice]

Hey man, that photo looks pretty fake to me!

For instance, where'd he buy that coat of his from? Backwardland? In Strongbadia all our coats button the same as everybody else's.

So, tell whoever made this, nice try, but it's crap for crap.

[/Strong Bad Voice]
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

just about everything used to diss the left is a lie (or, to be nice about it, an exaggeration.)

I find it funny that Tom Daschle can even be considered left. Yes, he's left of some, but as Democrats go, he's pretty centrist.

You want some serious lefties in Congress, you pretty much gotta go to the House.:)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No; not at all. The number of allegations that seem to have some basis (e.g. you can't find them in snopes or show they've been photoshopped easily) seems to be larger. There's a lot of distance in there.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Not sure how this got under "General Skydiving Discussions",

A:> UUHhhh Yeaaah, HMmm, my thought exactly! Well, Mr Hooknswoop, I first thought his arm was injured from excessive 'hand-shaking' or something myself, I must say that I'm very relieved that that isn't the case.

No; not at all. The number of allegations that seem to have some basis (e.g. you can't find them in snopes or show they've been photoshopped easily) seems to be larger. There's a lot of distance in there.

Wendy W.

It is my perception that just within DZ.COM, the number of false allegations and mis-statements of US and World history is also strongly biased to the supporters of the "right".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It is my perception that just within DZ.COM, the number of false allegations and mis-statements of US and World history is also strongly biased to the supporters of the "right".

It's a part of a vast conspiracy. ;)

That's enough for jokes. I don't even know how to properly respond to the reality other than to say that there is, in fact, a bit of truth to it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It's a part of a vast conspiracy.

That said, let's not forget the spate of photoshop jobbies done on Bush last fall. The mud can sling in a whole lotta directions...

Wendy W.

That said, let's not forget the spate of photoshop jobbies done on Bush last fall. The mud can sling in a whole lotta directions...

That was exactly my point. Remember Bush and the upside down book...??? See Snopes on that too.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Yeah, lies like the US military is planning to deliberately target Iraqi civilians, Pakistan and North Korea have ICBMs, the US supplied Al Qaida with weapons, and the US supported the Iraqi gassing of the Kurds . Oh, wait. That was somebody biased to the "left" making those arguments. My bad.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

>Yeah, lies like the US military is planning to deliberately >target Iraqi civilians,

Who wrote that?

> Pakistan and North Korea have ICBMs,

Who wrote that?

> the US supplied Al Qaida with weapons,

The US supplied Al Quaeda's predecessor organization with weapons to fight the USSR occupation of Afghanistan - that's a matter of record.

>and the US supported the Iraqi gassing of the Kurds .

It's a matter of record that the US supported Iraq's chemical industry during a time that they were known to be using gas on the Iranians.
It's also a matter of record that US companies supplied Iraq with nuclear weapons technology. You can look that up on the US Customs Service web site.

>Oh, wait. That was somebody biased to the "left" making >those arguments. My bad.

Tell me, do you also believe that Iran-Contra was a fabrication of the lefties?

Gee, it seems like you're applying an awfully broad stereotype there.

No - just counting.