ramon

whitehouse bans french fries and french toast

Hmm. What about french language we use? What will become of deja vu? a la carte? diplomatic aides? blonde women? chic fashions? Mexican (or indeed any) cuisine? Debutantes? Soup du jour? Risque women? Souvenirs? Cul-de-sacs?

Better get those white house editors busy! There are lots of signs to be changed. And who's in charge of the Statue of Liberty demolition? Can't let that French thing stay in NYC harbor; that's an insult to all New Yorkers!

Hmm. What about french language we use? What will become of deja vu? a la carte? diplomatic aides? blonde women? chic fashions? Mexican (or indeed any) cuisine? Debutantes? Soup du jour? Risque women? Souvenirs? Cul-de-sacs?

Better get those white house editors busy! There are lots of signs to be changed. And who's in charge of the Statue of Liberty demolition? Can't let that French thing stay in NYC harbor; that's an insult to all New Yorkers!

And what about "Le Grand Saut"?! MERDE!

hehehe ;)
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

So...

If we're ceasing to use french, then what replaces:

"fromage mangeant singes de reddition"??

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

1984 newspeak or 1914 history repeating itself?

LOL... Good one Quade. Maybe they should be calling them "Victory Fries". Well, I think I'll go have some Victory coffee and a Victory cigarette and see what the Ministry of Peace is up to...:D

I liked their suggestion. Forget about banning words from our reluctant and annoying allies - how about banning any references to Iraq? So all you devout christians, get out the black pens and remove any references to the Garden of Eden, Babylon, the Tower of Babel, and Nineveh from your bibles. It's bad enough to eat something that reminds us of an annoying ally - it's that much worse to worship with something that references our enemy. Isn't it?

I liked their suggestion. Forget about banning words from our reluctant and annoying allies - how about banning any references to Iraq? So all you devout christians, get out the black pens and remove any references to the Garden of Eden, Babylon, the Tower of Babel, and Nineveh from your bibles. It's bad enough to eat something that reminds us of an annoying ally - it's that much worse to worship with something that references our enemy. Isn't it?

Never miss a chance to slam on Christians, the government, or Americans in general do you Bill?

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Never miss a chance to slam on Christians, the government, or Americans in general do you Bill?

Wow. I sure didn't see it as a slam on Christians. Really. It's just that there aren't a lot of places where Iraq is mentioned in general US culture besides the news right now. And most people, Christian or not, can at least identify what he mentioned.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Never miss a chance to slam on Christians, the government, or
>Americans in general do you Bill?

That was a joke, son, that was a joke. I know, I know, only jokes about France are funny, but perhaps you could pretend it was about French christians.

That was a joke, son, that was a joke. I know, I know, only jokes about France are funny, but perhaps you could pretend it was about French christians.

Normally when we joke on here we use a :) or :ph34r:. I just thinks its funny that you chastise others for making jokes about the French and then you attempt a joke about everything you disagree with. Makes me go HMMMMMMMMM.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

>I just thinks its funny that you chastise others for making jokes
> about the French and then you attempt a joke about everything you
> disagree with. Makes me go HMMMMMMMMM.

I don't think there's anything wrong with making jokes about the french, as long as you don't mind people making jokes about, say, christians. What's good for the goose and all that.