chopchop

South of the Border Boogie - San Carlos

Quite possibly the perfect Boogie - where do I start? The accomodations were first class, multiple pools and restaurants in a resort hotel on a fabulous beach. The weather was perfect. AND... for the most part, no wind, when there was, it was light and variable... life was good. Here are some pics of the resort and the scenery from the air and on landing...
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

theseaofcortez.jpg

themarina.jpg

rblanding.jpg

landingonbeach.jpg

sanccarlosplazaresort.jpg

Jumping was out of one of Skydive AZ's twin otters. There were only abotu 20 freefliers there but I made sure to make the rounds. I jumped with Jeff and Shelley from Green Bay and Mark Lichtle, splash, Ron Adler and Ken all from the bay area.

chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

hijeff.jpg

markandshelley.jpg

markhd.jpg

wassupshelley.jpg

kenandron.jpg

I also got to jump with Chichi from Chicago and Joelle and Lance - some packers from Eloy - Friday was Joelle's birthday. I never did catch her age... doesn't matter. The 4 of us also did a tracking dive with our awesome freefly organizer, the one and only, Jason Peters. I flew up and got the pullup cord...;)

chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

trackingwithjason.jpg

gettingthepullupcord.jpg

chichijoellleandjason.jpg

lance,chichiandjoelle.jpg

happybdayjoelle.jpg

Jason really did a great job organizing the freaks even though he was also in charge of the swoop accuracy contest. Check out the pics of Jason flying and me coming throuhg the blades on one of my landings. (I was thrilled to place 5th in my first canopy control contest)

chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

carvingjasononfeetmehd.jpg

jasonwcam.jpg

jasonandjoaohavefun.jpg

contestlanding.jpg

there were people from other parts of the world there... of course a few Mexicans, Carlos, Arturo, Abraham and Hector, and also a bunch of Canadian bellyfliers, and this one little Brazilian guy, Joao. Check out the scenes from one jump with him. The guy rocks!!!

chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

eaglewithjoao.jpg

eagle3withjoao.jpg

eagle2withjoao.jpg

jokerwithjoao.jpg

Alas, Sunday came and I got a couple of jumps in with Steve from England, another organized jump with Jason and a crosscountry with a large group. Check out Steve flying on his head. He has 4,500 jumps but less than a hundred freefly jumps.. Also note the awesome flyby...

Hope to see you all next year... San Carlos is a great place for a boogie. And with the group that was there this year, it might have benn the most perfect boogie... B|

chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

otterflyby.jpg

stevehd.jpg

stevesit.jpg

I jumped with Jeff and Shelley from Green Bay

Damn those two get around!

Couple of years ago they went down to that hole in the ground base jumping, wherever that is. Waaaay cool people.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Couple of years ago they went down to that hole in the ground base jumping, wherever that is. Waaaay cool people.

Sotano de las Golondrinas, Spanish for "Big F*in' Hole in the Ground" - hehehe
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Looks like a flotation device....

Thank you for sharing the pics.....They are great. the flyby is incredible. The otter looks like its 2 feet from the water
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Yep, the same two Jeff and Shelley. What was interesting is that they were there to see their good friends Mark and Nancy, Splash and Randy, all of whom met base jumping and base jump together often... but they had never done a skydive together. That was pretty cool.

and, oh, yeah, that thing on Mark is water gear - we all had to wear it
chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

I was there also, my 5th year. Belly flying. It is the best time in the whole world - really.

Didn't you get the a pictures of Jason getting wet? I didn't either. I watched it from my room. :D:D:D

judy

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I jumped with Jeff and Shelley from Green Bay and Mark Lichtle, splash, Ron Adler and Ken all from the bay area.

Splash is from Davis, Ron is from Eureka and Ken is from Auburn. Contrary to popular belief the "Bay Area" is not the whole of Northern California. :D:ph34r:;)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I was there also, my 5th year.

I'm jealous but I won't be missing any more.. B|

Belly flying. It is the best time in the whole world - really.

Hmmm... I thought freeflying was...;)

Didn't you get the a pictures of Jason getting wet? I didn't either. I watched it from my room. :D:D:D

Wish I had but I was in the plane - he did a hop'n'pop on that load.
chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

Hey everyone, glad you all like my weekly pictures. Thanks for the pats on the back and encouragement. I'll keep it up. Except for next week. I'm going to Vegas Friday to Thursday. Might not even get any jumps in this weekend...:o

chopchop

Lotsa Pictures

Roy that looked like an amazing trip. I have spent a bit of time down in the Sea of Cortez myself but could not imagine being able to skydive there! I am so jealous! And you guys had to rub it in with the barefoot beach landings? Thanks for sharing all of those great pics. Lucky You. Sigh...
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Thanks Jen, it was amazing. Every jump when i got under canopy, i was just breathless with the views. And then all the people feeding our egos by complimenting us on what a great "show" we were putting on... it was really nice. Didn't want it to end...B|

chopchop

Lotsa Pictures