nykim06

college what is the most important thing

Hey, Hears the thing, right there is this college close to my home. That is giving me money to go their and like it is a very good school. The only thing is I would have to live at home. I would be giving up so much to go their i would have to leave some of the best people i have ever meet in my life, i would have to give up freedom, and i would give up the swim team because this school is a division 2 school. I could never be able swim their, and like all this would really suck. On the up side i would be close to my friends at home and i would be close to my family. This school is a lot better then the one that i go to now. It has what i want to get my graduate degree in and it will save me a lot of money. I have no idea what to do HELP!!!!!!!

Generally speaking, you don't want your graduate degree from the same place you got your undergrade. Its a bit like academic incest.

My personal observation, looking at friends who stayed and went to the school in my hometown (which is a VERY good school) compared to people like me who went away...well, the people who moved away are much happier. They just were able to get away from everything they knew, meet new folks, new environment, etc. It makes a difference.

Also, if you want to compete, then go to a school that is academically sound and still has a great athletics program. You'll like it that way. :)
You know, Texas A&M University has a really strong swim team...B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

(This post was edited by nykim06 on Mar 19, 2003, 11:29 AM)

It certainly wasn't for grammer, spelling, capitalization, indentation, or punctuation.....bwahahahahahahha

Oh please, unless she was writing an english paper for you shut up about grammAr spelling and capitalization.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I find it disheartening that college students can't spell simple words, form plural words correctly, or create sentences without the word "like" inserted several times. I learned these things in elementary school. It doesn't matter if you are writing an essay or not, those types of communications should be automatic. Simple typos are one thing, but I worry about the future college graduates in America. My sister is a prime example. :S

Oh please, unless she was writing an english paper for you shut up about grammAr spelling and capitalization.

Boy, I hope Speedracer doesn't see these posts, he'll blow a gasket! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

create sentences withoug the word

Nice.

Although your concerns are understandable, some of us do have the ability to communicate in a proper manner; however, in this online medium, we choose to write in online shorthand, using jargon and other forms of the lexicon. Furthermore, we also choose to write quickly, not proof reading for spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Wow. Somebody still needs to get some and relax.

Why do you think he's playing the chivalrous hero ;) He's working that mojo

"My God that Jessica is one hot patootie. I hope no one ever discovers my secret feelings about her."

And...look who's talking :P

ok listen i have a learning diablility i have dislexica i have a problem with spelling and stuff and this is not some formal thing if it was then i would have to go threw alot to make sure that everything is ok it takes me like all day to write a papper for this kinda stuff