Phlyhigh

Dreams

Hey All! I need to get this out of my system. I've been having the almost same dream for the past 2 mounths. Here goes. Were on a 3 way and when we breakoff this faceless chick has a mal, she goes for the ride but it does'nt inflate properly she bounces but She's OK. :S BUT last night the dream was different in three things
1st when she whent for the reserve she coud'nt open it I Kept yelling Pull.......(Girlfriend told me that)
2nd She now had a face and she was my best friend
3rd When she bounced she ran out of luck
This really spooked me cause it was so real That when i woke up (after the bounce) i had adrenaline and every thing. I would of spoke about with my GF but she's a whuffo (i know, I know, working on that) That's why i'm posting here now
Thanx guyz

Bloo Skies

so your best friend, a girl, and your girl friend are different people. Any way are you totally comfortable with your reserve procedures and your gear?? Have you had a reserve ride?? I am no sports psychologist, just play on on DZ.com. But i think once you become confident these dreams will go away. ;) Or maybe you should just watch "girls gone wild" before going to sleep.B|B|

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

my advice?
MAKE HER VERY aware of the dangers and proper malfunction procedures. and YOU should be VERY safety conscious and INSIST she goes through her procedures before each jump....

EDUCATE HER on a consistant basis wioth 16jumps she still has a lot to learn(as we ALL do)

you cant force her not to jump but you can assert your desire for preparedness, she may even admire you for it!;)

My photos

My Videos

yup seriously bad joo-joo. Just "check" her out if you get a chance.

OTH does anyone else have dreams that they bounce and get up and walk away and look around to see if anyone saw it?:$

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

yup seriously bad joo-joo. Just "check" her out if you get a chance.

OTH does anyone else have dreams that they bounce and get up and walk away and look around to see if anyone saw it?:$

I have that dream a lot! lol kinda....
its more like this..

I pull LOW, just enough time to open flare and land!
everyone applauds like as if I MEANT to do it.
i am safe but scared to death! wierd
My photos

My Videos

listen to : My minds playing tricks on me, by the Ghetto Boys
it's just a lucid nightmare, perhaps, your concern and love for your friend mingled with the 3 alarm chili you were eating and turned into a funky ass biscuit of a dream

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

mine usally goes like this:
some sort of problems spinning mal, lost altitude awareness, etc. and its always a last ditch effort, but I still thump in(not really bounce), and I always look around hoping no one saw it... freaks me out so I have to constanly go though my emergency procedures on the ride to altitude, and checking my alti A LOT, but I spose none of that is a bad thing, except for a bit obesssive compulsive!:o

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Thanx Guyz! I'm the one that introced her to the sport so i'd kinda feel like shit if something bad would happen to her, Ever since her first jump i'ive double checked her :P LOL no seriously It's probly just my mind that palys tricks on me I'll keep on insisting for her check and double check
Alright now i'm tuning in "Hot chicks Gone wild" and i'M going to bed J/K

Sweeeeet Dreams

My (non-jumper, not whuffo) GF told me last weekend that she has a very bad feeling about this weekend. We saw a fatal accident on the highway coming into town (we study in one town, jump/live in the other), and I was going jumping the next day. The weather was beautiful and I was going to jump my ass off. She told me to be careful and was worried sick. Guess what? I jumped, I did good on my jumps, passed two of my S/L progression stages, not a single mal or anything bad happening. Noone else got anything bad either. I fucked up on one jump but I pulled on time and stable.

Just make sure she knows her emergency procedures, gets gear checks, and is safety concious, and make sure she understands that turns low are a nono. Just make sure it doesn't become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Good luck to your friend!

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Just make sure she knows her emergency procedures, gets gear checks, and is safety concious, and make sure she understands that turns low are a nono.

Yup. Help her make sure she has the equipment, information, and practice to deal with what happens.

Just make sure it doesn't become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You can't do that. All you can ever do is in the first part. When your friends are free, they're more interesting, and you can't live for for them. Ask any parent.

But consider also there are a lot more people who have these feelings than there are serious accidents.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just meant that he shouldn't make her so paranoid she will freeze if she ever has to use those procedures. I meant that he should trust her, as I'm sure he does if he got her into the sport.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

usually dreams mean something else, they simbolize another part of your life that can't be expressed consciously because of some defense mechanism that is going on. go to the book store and there are dream "dictionaries" in the psychology section that kind of tell what things/actions in the dreams represent.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Thanx Guyz! I'm the one that introced her to the sport so i'd kinda feel like shit if something bad would happen to her, Ever since her first jump i'ive double checked her :P LOL no seriously It's probly just my mind that palys tricks on me I'll keep on insisting for her check and double check
Alright now i'm tuning in "Hot chicks Gone wild" and i'M going to bed J/K

Sweeeeet Dreams

ive introduced a lot of people to this sport but Ive never introduced them to their soul! they had that to begin with. they chose to stay with this sport becuase thier soul brought em here. I didnt force them to jump!;) hehe get what im saying?:)
you didnt introduce her the the sport you intro'd the sport to her. she WAS a skydiver all along.
all you can do is help educate her. (to revise that statement) don't scare her you dont have to teach her EVERYTHIN be fore the next jump. just amke sure she is always learning;)
My photos

My Videos

just a few thoughts....
unless you have had other prophetic dreams that came true, i wouldn't be worried. this skill doesn't spontaneously start up in your early to mid 20's unless you are working very hard to develop it and then it wouldn't be a normal dream...
it sounds like your subconscious is just working with dangers out of your control. you shouldn't consider people in your dreams as anything other than representing aspects of yourself. it is interesting that it repeats in different ways. you might investigate the feelings that are present, aside from all the adrenaline.
Peace
m2
the ego is an action, not an entity

i recently had a friend die during a skydive due to health reasons. [:/] I was joking with him right before the jump. I had to make the 911 call while some friends tried to revive him.
The night before i had a very strange dream about someone tracking in. I wasnt sure about who it was and it really scared me when i woke up i went to the dropzone and like normal i just kind of watched cause im a scaredy cat sigh!. i have had scary skydiving dreams in the past, but nobody had died in them. Its kind of kept me from jumping that and dropzone stuff. just consider telling your friend about the dream, and make sure shes current on all safety stuff., and make sure when shes making a jump shes smiling cause when your out there in freefall thats really the stuff dreams are made of.:P
Eddy
blues
"what did you expect to find was it something you left behind do you remember everything i said when i said dont fall away."B|

Most of my dreams (80%) involve skydiving or the dropzone or my skydiving friends. I have all sorts of dreams about skydiving. I've been writing my dreams down for about three years now (think LONG Word file ;)).

If you think that your dreams can predict the future, I would suggest you write them down over a long period of time to find out and try to be as objective as possible. If it looks like you have some sort of precognitive ability, then go with it! It could be important and possibly save a friend's life.

But it could also lead to unnecessary fear, and fear that leads to inaction can be a killer in this sport too.

FYI - over the course of three years, I've found that all of my dreams have been manifestations of past thoughts or experience combined with a creative element that makes for an interesting story. None of them has shown any evidence of being precognitive. But maybe that just means I'm not "special" ;)

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

When I was a kid, I used to have a recurring dream that Jesus ( i am not religious btw) was a projectionist at a cinema,
there was a long hallway with thousands of projectors, and as one film would come to an end,
he would go and put a new reel on and put the old spool on another projector.

Sorry..no skydiving ones other than the usual no-pulls/low-pulls/no chute/two-out/lost handles/powerline ones. ;)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning