rgoper

Laci Peterson's Dissapearance

i still maintain he knows more than he's telling the authorities. i can say for sure i wouldn't sell my wife's vehichle (should she be pregnant & missing) if i thought she would need it again. if that were my wife i would be on it 24 & 7, 365 until i found them, this guy makes no effort to even help. now i ain't no einstein, but i ain't jethro bodean either! ;)

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

if that were my wife i would be on it 24 & 7, 365 until i found them, this guy makes no effort to even help

Not entirely true.... Scott Peterson has been organizing search parties here in the bay area (Local story), Los Angeles and San Diego counties. I do think that the San Diego one might have been canceled cause he "forgot" that it was superbowl weekend or some other nonsense. He has kept it in the media spotlight a few times as well..

did he kill her or did she take off and is in hiding? I don't know.. I do wonder why it is National news tho....
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

do wonder why it is National news tho....

Good to see your upside-down face again, Lummy...

As to why it's national news, there are several reasons...primarily being she's pregnant. The others stem from it being Christmas when she disappeared, his behavior after the fact, and his affair beforehand. There's also a connection, albeit peripherally, of it being Modesto, which is where the Condit/Levy thing happened.

While Scott Peterson may not be coming across well, there are several things which point to something other than innocent.

1. Selling her car. While it's true that her family got it back, any evidence it may have contained is now null and void. A defense attorney can take anything found in the car and demolish it, and at the same time demolish any confidence a jury may have in the rest of the evidence.

2. His attempt to sell the house. WTF? I've known of folks who're missing family members who never move for the rest of their lives, never change their phone numbers, etc. in hopes that the missing person comes home. To sell the house - and it's very clear he tried to do that - he'd need a death certificate to be able to sell her property depending on how title was held. It's patently obvious that the realtor contacted pulled the title, and it showed both their names on it. Why would someone sell the house?

3. His trip to Mexico is an issue for me, as well. Perhaps not like the other issues, but difficult for me to swallow, nonetheless.

4. His purchase of a new truck. The sale of Laci's SUV financed his purchase, if I'm not terribly mistaken. The story he gave was that they were looking to sell the car when the baby was born...but to buy a replacement truck? I dunno about that.

5. What is the truth to the life insurance policy (ies?) purchased? From what I understand, he bought a 250K on her, and her alone, and did not buy one for himself. Whether or not this provides motive I don't know, but it is a piece of the evidence that, while circumstantial, is possibly indicative of something.

As to his setting up press conferences and/or searchs, why in LA and San Diego? That's kinda outside the realm of logic. Didn't his jaunts to LA and SD co-incide with some major public event? Superbowl and something else?

And a last observation...his lawyer fired him for talking to the press against the lawyer's wishes. This indicates something about Scott's personality - although I am not at all sure what, specifically.

I would sincerely hope that she's just bailed on a bad situation - his affair (s?), his duplicity in other ways, and what not. I also do not think she'd've bailed without telling her family, primarily because she was pregnant. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we're gonna bring her home alive. And that sucks.

And, as always, it's just my opinion. All are welcome to their own.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

The guy is so guilty, the cop are just waiting for him to trip himself up.

He doesn't seem like a "family" man to me.
I mean who goes fishing on Christmas eve? The 24th was a Tuesday, why not go fishing the weekend before? or the weekend after?
How come he hasn't gone (fishing) since then? I mean if it was So important to go on Christmas eve how come he hasn't since?

Most people I know (who fish) are addicted to fishing, the same way we area addicted to skydiving. they go every chance they get?
How ever someone who's wife is pregnant and being a holiday, I for one would have been home.

Where is his Family? Haven't seen anyone come forward to support him?

Seem like a "loner" too

Didn't have a buddy to go fishing with? No friends have come forward to support him either? Or help in the search.
Everyone that is searching are Laci's family and friends.

What is the reason for wanting to sell the house?
"I know my wife isn't coming back cause I hid the body"

Has anyone even seen him shed a tear?

In his words "Please stay focused on my wife, regardless what you think of me"

Stay focus on my wife so I can slip out the back while your not looking!

Just my 2 cents!

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”

Seem like a "loner" too
Didn't have a buddy to go fishing with?

From the little I've read, I'd have to say he sounds like a real dick (I quit on these stories after OJ -- I mean no one can top that one for disgusting public voyeurism).

But there's nothing inherently wrong with being a loner. Take it from one. I haven't killed anyone, I don't torture pets, I take care of my aged daddy, my son loves me.

I just like being alone, and I don't have a lot of close friends. I'm a loner.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Not that new...it was on the news about 3 days ago. The bodies were pretty decomposed and they are in the process of using DNA to properly identify them. It was a woman's body and an unborn fetus body found. I'm sorry, I do not have a link. I watch the local news and then the Today show every morning. It was featured on both.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Pardon my blondeness but either there are two missing pregnant wife cases or one of us has our info confused, but I know that the one guy was fishing with his pregnant wife, she went for a walk (may be with the dog) and never came back (according to him).
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I believe Peterson said the last time he saw his wife was at home- he was leaving to go fishing, and she was going to walk the dog. The dog was later found by a neighbor, running around with a leash on.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

the husband said he left Laci at home (she was going to walk the dog) while he went to Berkeley on a fishing trip. the bodies were found about 2 miles north of where he said he went on the fishing trip.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

This whole thing really freaks me out. What is it that makes a person snap like that.....How could he kill his pregnant wife. :(:( Why not just divorce her if he wants to start over. It's very strange how you can marry someone and then you discover they are actually a stranger....Very disconcerting and disheartening.. Laci was a beautiful girl and her smile was radiant....May she rest in peace with her baby boy, Conner.