trigger

INTER-RAIL

Going on a Trig does EUROPE skydiving trip.For this trip i've decided to use INTER-RAIL basically like a round the world airline ticket but for trains.[Taking in dropzones in France & Italy and eventually ending up in Spain.Has anyone had any experience of INTER-RAIL-Advice/comments appriciated.B|Regards Trig.Does not jump at Headcorn
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Hi there

I havnt done it myself but Inter Rail works really well. Get a europe wide timetable and off you go! The one thing to be very aware of is to eat enough! People have come back after a summer interrailing having lost 1- 2 stone ( 30lbs) so keep putting food in. Just fyi and im sure you know, but France is all AAD mandatory and Empuria in Spain is too. ( guessing you will go to Empuria - excellent dz, great visuals :)) Have a great trip and dont forget Ireland!
Genie

Oh man! This was a lifetime ago (1982-mid 1984), but I had a Eurail Pass when I was stationed in Germany. Let me tell you, I went EVERYWHERE on that thing. It was great. Actually, it was even better for me because since I was under 21 I qualified for a Junior Pass. I paid 120 Marks for the thing and ever one of my tickets was half price. Very, very nice.

Chuck

guessing you will go to Empuria ***Got that right.I've jumped there on and off for 3yrs absolutely love the place and have made many friends there.Just this year i've been fortunate enough to save enough cash to take at least 2months out[no job on return]so i'd thought i'd broaden my horizons and check out more european dz's already been to Lapalisse and boy does that place rock.put a skyvan in the air for just 5 of us.Can't wait to check out the Italian scene though!
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

I had an Inter-rail pass when I went to Europe. It was even longer ago than Chuck's. At the time, at least, it was the impoverished student's version of the Eurail pass.

No problems whatsoever with it. Worked perfectly.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"Taking in dropzones in France & Italy and eventually ending up in Spain.Has anyone had any experience of INTER-RAIL-Advice/comments appriciated."

Holland has come cool dropzones that are relatively easy to reach by rail. Teuge for example is very easy to get to by train.:)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

BTDT...
Buy your ticket there, it's cheaper.
There are sveral 'types' of passes (or were anyway)
study the brocure to make sure you get what will work best for ya.
They ALWAYS run on time and are really clean.
Rental car prices are comparable to here and it's fun to go that way too..but gas is outrageous...
Both BMW and Harley have vacation rental packages that allow you to pick up and drop off in different countries. Gonna try that this year I hope.
Have Fun!!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I did the same thing a few years later...86-95ish.. was the best way to see europe, every summer the gang gathered from far and wide and we wandered EVERYWHERE....if only our parents knew the amount of nig-noogery there was to be experienced while becoming "culturally enlightened"

I went to Europe in '85. Started with a 30 day Eurail card which I purchased in the states. Then I got a 60 day inter-rail, which I got over there. (Sorry to say I am having a brain fart right now, but I bought it in a very small European country because if I remember correctly you had to pay half price for train travel in the country you bought the pass.) It was great! We did a lot of overnight train rides to save on hotels, and stashed our backpacks in train station lockers. We also did the youth hostel thing more often than not, but I remember the hotels on Crete being redicoulously cheap! Ahh, the memories!:)
Have fun!

maura