airdvr

HUD for goggles

Craig Girard used some sort of HUD on the last world record attempts. That's already what, 5 years ago?

IIRC it was the Titan from Alti2. Which has been discontinued/not built in series
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Jeb does wear this regularly for his BASE jumps.

Roberta M. gave these things a try and said was simply too big for her face and would come off. Guess it can't quite fit everyone's head. Big chunk of change to potentially buy and not have it fit properly!

pic taken from her page
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

You said it!! ^^ I've never had a pair of goggles that fit me without slipping off, so call me odd or whatever, that's a pretty strong reason not to buy.

That and I have enough high-tech, digital, GPS enabled gadgets that I've already spent too much on so unless I'm getting these from a sponsor or something I don't see it happening.

All that said I hope the technology continues to evolve and possibly make it's way into dyters or wrist mounted devices.

...Don't Get Elimated!!

I have a pair of the original recon goggles in my desk drawer. The idea is nice, but the gen 1 i have is just massive. You really do have to have the right head/face shape and structure to wear them comfortably, and still be able to see the HUD screen. I have not seen any of the newer models to see how the new design fits. Did they end up going to an Android platform on the newer models as well?