bbarnhouse

Safety Briefing Perris

Safety Briefing Welcome to Perris –
On behalf of Melanie & Pat Conatser and the entire Conatser family I want to welcome you to Perris Valley Skydiving. Landing: 500’ (150 meters) over the runway Pattern in the grass is only N to S or S to N, not across the grass. Light and variable winds prefer South to North First person down sets the pattern. If you do not like the pattern, go to dirt area. If wrong way, angle off the grass, don’t turn too low. Set up your pattern away from the runway, over the dirt. We allow hook turns, but no spiral over the grass No carving on the grass. Please move to the side after landing Please do not walk your canopy or keep it inflated. If you don’t follow these, expect me to be walking toward you when you land. If bad spot, avoid obstacles, land safely, move towards roads. Do not stretch to get back, we have pickup vehicles. Dust devils – watch out for them, land away from them. If there are dust devils in the area, please stay OFF the grass landing area. Dust devils disappear in over the grass area. Remember, 500’ over the runway Crossing the runway: Stay back at the flags or by the fence waiting to cross Please do not move towards the runway until the plane passes If there is the nose of an aircraft pointed at you, do not cross Do NOT try to beat the airplane You will hear this warning if you are too close to the runway We will have multiple aircraft operating, and private plans also Once one has landed look for any others If you plan to walk to the grass, let manifest know and do not stand IN the grass If problems: If you have a reserve ride we encourage you to let us retrieve the gear. Your job is to land safely. If you land hard and are NOT injured, please stand up quickly and help us out with an “O” over your head to let us know you are OK. Please don’t lie on the ground and congratulate yourself on how lucky you are to have landed safely. We try to monitor all landings from the manifest office. When we see someone on the ground we have to assume you are injured. If you need assistance please raise one arm over your head. That tells us that you need assistance and we will dispatch someone to you. If you or someone near you is injured, please wave both arms over your head. This tells us that you need medical assistance. Now, here’s what you DON’T want to do. You hit hard, but are okay. To let us know you begin waving your arms over your head and yell “I’m OK”! No, you have just told us to call for medical assistance. Last, if there is a dust devil in the area, the signal to let others know is to put one hand over your head and point in the direction of the dust devil with the other. Other stuff: We will be taking pictures for the web site. Your friends and family at home can view them at PerrisCam.com. We have 4 video cameras providing live streaming video over the internet. Avoid the sun! Use sunblock! Please enjoy your stay here and jump safely!

And . . . hydrate or die.

How considerate and convenient Perris is! There is a largish pond just a bit to the North East of the grass that serves this purpose well!:ph34r::D:ph34r::S:|
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

REALLY?

Wanna hook a monkey up?:P

You know, I have to quite being surprised by you and just come to the understanding that you're kick ass and know a shit load of really cool people...:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

oh fuck...just when I thouhgt I had it down.. Man I really need to check this place out first. I'm more of a visual person and I'm sure I can set up visual indiacators which will help me with direction. LOL oh shit I hate jumping at a DZ for the forst time. Of course frickin' dust devils is something entirely new.

Ed

oh fuck...just when I thouhgt I had it down.. Man I really need to check this place out first. I'm more of a visual person and I'm sure I can set up visual indiacators which will help me with direction. LOL oh shit I hate jumping at a DZ for the forst time.

No worries....we'll be there to hlep you out. New places can be intimidating as well as a bit confusing.
Cheers!

No worries....we'll be there to hlep you out. New places can be intimidating as well as a bit confusing.
Cheers!

YAY!:D

Actually thanks. I was warned of dust devils and given quite a good briefing by a friend but it would help me more if I was looking across the DZ. I'll look you up tomorrow if you are there.

Ed

How do you do that?

In reality, take both arms, raise them over your head, put your hands together and bend your elbows outward over your shoulders until you achieve a vague "O" shape.

When I was a kid, this was the universal symbol for dick-head, so it's pretty easy to remember -- you biff in, get up, tell everybody that even though you're a dick-head for biffing in, you're ok.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Instead of an 'O' you could use your forefingers and thumbs together to make a diamond shape...so instead of saying you're a dickhead for landing like that, you're telling everyone else their weak for NOT landing like that...

("weak" isn't the real word, but I'm trying to keep from being *too* crude)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

However, the purpose is to be clear to the folks way over in the manifest office so they don't have to divert the pick-up truck to you, but rather can send it off to the other folks landing off or whatever.

The "O" over the head, is a standard Perris signal.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>You'll need:

>2 rubber bands
>1 paper clip
>1 can of Slim Fast
>1 particle accelerator

And a piece of duct tape.

The rubber bands, paper clip, accelerator and duct tape I can do. I may have a bit of trouble finding some Slim Fast... :)
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

In reality, take both arms, raise them over your head, put your hands together and bend your elbows outward over your shoulders until you achieve a vague "O" shape.

ok. I'll write that down, so that in the unlikely event that I'm in Perris in the next 10 yrs I'll know what to do... :P
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies