Michele

Balloon jumps?

I also think I will have a very difficult time doing it....climbing over the side of a basket with shaking knees may not go well at all...

Ciels-
Michele

Well we may just have to hold you over the side by your ankles. Now that will make great video.

Well we may just have to hold you over the side by your ankles. Now that will make great video.

If you can get four people in the balloon to conspire, you should be able to lift her up and chuck her out easily enough >:(
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Sunday morn at 0530

Oh yeah - the other bad thing about balloons - you usually have to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to jump them. Although they sometimes have late afternoon jumps as well.

Don't worry about it M - if you can do a hop-n-pop from 3.5, you can EASILY do a balloon from 5. Right? Plus, they are way more fun.

We are doing balloon jumps Sunday morn at 0530 at Perris. What are ya waiting for?

Mike

You can't come, you are skeered of wingsuits! This is a wingsuit excursion mass ballon launch with video.
Who else is on the loads?
One more question Mr Bond: airventure & rantoul, you flyin or driving? camping or no-tel motellin it? Ah sorry thats two questions

Glen, Moron me sold my Sabre 2 150 before my new Crossfire 2 129 is here. Got anything I can borrow till Aug 2? See you Sun morn for balloon jumps.

Mike

Yup you can have at either a cobalt 135 or a 120, The 120 opens just the bestest softest and absolutley on heading ever, almost as good as my velocity 95, take yer pick.

Guess what? I did 6 jumps with birdman pants today and Im finally doing my 1st actual birdman jump tomorrow morining. Those pants are GREAT....Kim Griffin from Birdman has got to be the cutest girl I have ever seen. She is going to be my instructor tomorrow. Buy a Birdman suit, get free pants!!! Im placing my order tomorrow. I need a main for Los Prrie. Im camping I guess. There is no 4 Seasons for a thousand miles. I have never slept in a tent. Beer.

Mike

Heres What Im thinkin....Drive to Lost Prarie for the whole boogie, Drive to Oshkosh for about 3 days of the Airshow then to Rantoul about August 4 or 5. Then drive to Memphis spend a day then to Dallas for 3 days then home. Ill take the Cobalt 135 if youll let me use it. Ill be at the DZ all day tomorrow. You?

Mike

I think I'm too chicken to do it right now

M-
Try a helo jump first if you haven't done one. It's very similar to a balloon jump, but you've got the noise like a normal skydive. It might calm your nerves enough to do it. Trust me (an flyangel2 will vouch) the first balloon jump is like being a little kid standing at the end of the high dive at the pool. But once you get off, you're definately converted...
-----
~~~Michael

I also think I will have a very difficult time doing it....climbing over the side of a basket with shaking knees may not go well at all...

Yeah, it's hard to imagine. You see movie stunts and skydiving videos and think 'those people are WAY braver/insaner than I am. I'd never be able to do that.' And then one day you find yourself in the rumble seat of a helicopter, 9,000 feet above the valley, clambering along the side while the pilot hovers, and on cue you let go... and the helicopter becomes a speck in the sky and you think, 'Damn! Did I really just do that?':o

When the opportunity comes along, you'll amaze yourself and do exactly what you did when you were doing student progression. You'll GO on GO!

I can't wait to do a balloon jump. I got weathered out of mine at Eloy.[:/]

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

And then one day you find yourself in the rumble seat of a helicopter, 9,000 feet above the valley, clambering along the side while the pilot hovers, and on cue you let go... and the helicopter becomes a speck in the sky and you think, 'Damn! Did I really just do that?':o

When the opportunity comes along, you'll amaze yourself and do exactly what you did when you were doing student progression. You'll GO on GO!

Yah babe go, yeah go babe Yeah !

Don't do it, balloon jumps suck! Infact, to save you, I'm offering to go in your place, I will gladly go and brave the danager myself, I'll take some pictures with a kodak disposable and I'll tell you about it that evening over a couple beers. But whatever you do, dn't do it, you better leave it to me...

:P:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Don't do it, balloon jumps suck! Infact, to save you, I'm offering to go in your place, I will gladly go and brave the danager myself, I'll take some pictures with a kodak disposable and I'll tell you about it that evening over a couple beers. But whatever you do, dn't do it, you better leave it to me...

:P:P:P

Aggie Dave : Rescue ranger at your service mam